News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

NGD - MJ Charvel Socal...

Started by Willybomb, June 06, 2023, 11:33:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Willybomb

I'd been after a black strat with a floyd for ages - buying some squier some random had dropped a cheap chinese one into, buying parts and putting them together, but I sold them along the way because they were never that good.  Nearly got the Player Floyd, but went with a more trad Player Strat and modded that.

But then Charvel Japan did this.... I'd been watching it for nearly a year I reckon before I finally got the courage to grab it online.  I'd say it's nearly perfect but it's missing a reverse headstock, lol.

MJ Charvel Socal....

jimilee

That's killer man! I agree, a reverse headstock would complete it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

dan.schumaker

That's hot!  The local guitar store has a pink one that looks killer, but I know I'm not man enough to play a pink one  ;D ;D

Willybomb

Quote from: dan.schumaker on June 06, 2023, 03:42:21 PM
That's hot!  The local guitar store has a pink one that looks killer, but I know I'm not man enough to play a pink one  ;D ;D

I don't play well enough for a pink guitar.

gordo

Me neither but I'm old enough to not give a crap.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

pickdropper

Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

jjjimi84

That is a beauty! How is the floyd rose restringing? I have always heard horror stories and stayed away from them..

Willybomb

Quote from: jjjimi84 on June 10, 2023, 04:46:28 AM
That is a beauty! How is the floyd rose restringing? I have always heard horror stories and stayed away from them..

It's funny, I've been playing strat style bridges for the last 2 years and I found myself bumping up against the fine tuners on occasion.

The actual restringing isn't that bad, but I'd forgotten how finicky they can be when the strings are new.  I asked for 9-46 to be put on and the action done as low as possible before they sent it out but I think I can get more out of it.

As long as you put on the same gauge of strings each time, once a floyd is balanced you're golden.