News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Odd One Out

Started by Thewintersoldier, April 10, 2023, 04:07:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thewintersoldier

Uno, the first. The OD-1. Part of the stoplight series, it was one of the first 3 pedals released in the Boss compact pedal line. It's also the first in a long line of compact boss overdrives and the first afaik that used diodes in the opamp feedback loop and use the patented asymmetrical configuration.

The OD-1 had two variations, the first uses a quad opamp and is the most desirable, and the second uses a dual opamp. This is based on the former. A simple circuit that does not have a tone control and offers a more balanced tone. The sound is like a slightly more lo-fi SD-1 sound as Mike Wong describes it. It's a nice warm sounding pedal with the trademark mid focused sound.

The board offers toggle switches for more tone shaping options but I opted to jumper them for the stock sound. I used a yellow tayda enclosure with UV print. Everyone's favorite Canadian mutant Logan for the simple graphics and knod to the original aesthetic. I currently have an oddity board en route from ppcb so when I build that I will do comparison between the two as the oddity is the dual opamp version of the circuit. I recommend this as a good alternative to the average yats.

Who the hell is Bucky?

jimilee

Very cool man, I like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

WonkoTheSane

Very nice clean build.
That which burns twice as bright, burns half as long.

jessenator

Another banger, Chris!