Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

The Corruptor

Started by Flori54, March 30, 2023, 06:15:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flori54

Hi, all,
I am building the corruptor DIY kit, and have the problem, that after
desoldering/resoldering the main pots (because mounting in the wrong direction at first try, and beeing corrected by Fredryk), I damaged the most left soldering pad (seen from the component side) of the level/volume pot (the upper left pot).
How can I fix that? I would like to know the substitute soldering point.
Thank you for your attention.

selfdestroyer

Looking at the build doc:
https://www.parasitstudio.se/uploads/2/4/4/9/2449159/the_corruptor_3_doc.pdf

That pad is just to ground. You can wire up the volume pot to use the same ground pad of the freq pot.

Good luck, I love this PCB.

Flori54

Hi, selfdestroyer,
thank you very much for your reply.
I corrected the problem, and now the effect works somehow.
BUT:
there seems to be a big problem with the input.
If I turn the trimmer (200K) fully to the left end, there is a continued sound (like crackling noise) at the output, that never stops, regardless,
if there is a cable at the input, or not. If the trimmer is about 70% to the right end, the continued sound/noise stops, but if I connect a cable, and play
a sound (without reverb or delay), the effect does not stop as the original signal, be there is a kind of "after-sound" for about 500 msec.
It is not possible to control the end of effect sound, regardless of the position of the "input"-trimmer (even, if it is turned fully clockwise/to the right).
I shortened the internal cables to the shortest possible dimension, to avoid (radio) interferences.
Is the rating-dimension of the trimmer correct ? Maybe I should add an additional resistor (200 K) ?
I measured the trimmer with a multimeter, seems to by the annoiunced value (200 K).
I already changed the ic`s. The caps are positioned correctly, like the diodes.
I think, it should be possible for a musician to have perfect control over an effect, otherwise the effect is almost worthless.

Fatknuckle

Possibly a cold solder joint?  I just built two of these and they both operate flawlessly, like evil twins.

selfdestroyer

Pics of the front and back of the PCB would greatly help troubleshoot also.

Flori54

Hi,  Fatknuckle and selfdestroyer,
thank you very much for your answers to my question.
I will check that, and give feedback soon.
Regards,