News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Degenerator - NSL32R3 - install check

Started by jessenator, January 21, 2023, 05:11:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jessenator

Just wanted to confirm the install for the NSL opto part before I put iron to solder.

Just want to make sure I've got it right: I have the "dot" on the part on the same side as the dot (opposite the "+") on the board. then the second set of contact leads just loop right back around to the other set of pads, correct?

shanks

madbean

Yes, the dots should be aligned so it looks like you have it right. The dot shows the location of the cathode side of the internal LED.

jessenator

madbean

Now that I've woken up are you sure the dot isn't on the other side of your NSL? I just checked on mine and they are on the right side of the lettering. Also, look at my build pic and notice the lettering imprinted on the top. Opposite of yours.

jessenator

Quote from: madbean on January 21, 2023, 03:22:45 PM
Now that I've woken up are you sure the dot isn't on the other side of your NSL? I just checked on mine and they are on the right side of the lettering. Also, look at my build pic and notice the lettering imprinted on the top. Opposite of yours.

Unless there was a manufacturing problem? Now I'm paranoid about installing it lol. There's a silver blob

madbean

Oh, okay. No, you were right the first time. You good.

jessenator

gordo

I've pooched a few of these so I feel your apprehension.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

jimilee

Yep me too, every time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

madbean

One way you can check is to use a breadboard. Use a 1k resistor to power, next the first pin of the vactrol  and the second pin to an extra LED in series then tie that LED to ground. If the second LED lights up you have the correct orientation.