News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Aion Blueshift Troubleshooting. No chorus effect….bad BBD?

Started by Gaarden, January 07, 2023, 09:38:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gaarden

Hey there, i have a problem with my recent build, the Aion Blueshift.
I scanned the forum for the other Aion Blueshift posts, but nothing helped me so far.

I did roughly checked the voltages and they seem to be fine.
Then I checked the signal with an audio probe. Now i'm don't have much experience with the audio probe, but i tryed to follow the signal. The BBD's get the signal, but the output of the BBD still sounds clean.
Now my question is, should there be an effect on the output of the BBD's? Or at what point should i hear the effect? Could i have bad BBD's? It would suprise me, because i bought the kit from Musikding. But still i don't know what else i should looking for?

Any help appreciated :)
Greetings from Germany

Bio77

Output from the BBDs (pins 7 and 8 ) is a good sign.  The chorus effect happens when you mix the delay line (from the BBD) with the non-effected signal.  Can you describe the problem? It might be something simple like a missing jumper or an error in wiring.   Other suggestions would be to check the voltage of the LFO into each clock, you should see it varied signal if it is working. Also, post some pictures. 

Gaarden

Oh sorry for my late response, I thought I would get an email when someone response.

Anyway the problem is, when I am engaging the pedal it sounds like the dry signal. No chorus effect. Maybe there is a slightly difference in sound, but I am not so sure. Maybe I am just hearing thins :o

The LFO from each Clock varies in Voltage. So that seems to be ok.

I will post photos, but sorry in advance for the mess.

But first I wanted to say 2 things to the pictures:
1. R87 is on the backside
2. The black wire, above the jumper from OPTO is connected to the 3 pinheaded on the top right. I destroyed the PCB-Pad there and followed the path. (Maybe there is an error and I wired it wrong, but it seems to be connected to the LED)

madbean

You should have at least a bit of vibrato on the output on the two MN3207. The chorus effect happens when its mixed with the dry signal, as mentioned. If you have no vibrato at all at any setting, then something might be wrong in the LFO or possibly the BBD itself.

I would continue the audio probing to start to make sure the output of the BBD is getting to the effect output. You want to check these pins:
IC3: pin7 or 8
IC11: pin2 or 3 (NE570 inputs)
IC11: pin6 or 7 (NE570 outputs)

IC7: pin7 or 8
IC11: pin14 or 15 (NE570 inputs)
IC11: pin10 or 11 (NE570 outputs)

If the signal persists through all those checkpoints then the problem might be somewhere in the LFO or clocks (MN3102).

Gaarden

So I come to discovery that I don't get any signal on ic7 on either of the pins. On Ic7 on pin2/3 I get a sound that sound like a heartbeat. But no signal....I swapped the IC, but still no difference. Anyway I am using a TL072 instead of TL022. But they should do the same, don't they?

IC3 I get a signal on pin7.

On IC11 I get signal on the both of the inputs. But no audio at the outputs on both sides. I swapped the 2 NE571, but still no defference. Are both IC Bad?

Thanks for your answers :)

Gaarden

I have a bit of vibrato on the output of the MN3207.

At which point should the dry signal mix with the wet signal?

Gaarden

Quote from: madbean on January 11, 2023, 02:36:52 PM
IC3: pin7 or 8
IC11: pin2 or 3 (NE570 inputs)
IC11: pin6 or 7 (NE570 outputs)

IC7: pin7 or 8
IC11: pin14 or 15 (NE570 inputs)
IC11: pin10 or 11 (NE570 outputs)

do you really mean IC7 or did you mean IC9 ( The MN3207)?

Gaarden

I found it really weird that on IC11 I have signal in the inputs but not in the output. I switched the IC11 with the IC2 and there I have signal on the input and signal on the output....
I checked if the IC11 had voltage and it has....
Should it worked like that??