News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

ca3080 source?

Started by Haberdasher, December 29, 2011, 10:27:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haberdasher

Anybody ever get legit ones off ebay or have another good cheap source?  I know some of the major suppliers carry a few but I need 5 or 6 of them and was hoping to go cheap.  The ebay sellers out of hong kong are def cheap but they make me a little nervous so I was hoping someone here would know of a good seller.

thanks
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

JakeFuzz

The Byoc store sells them. They have both the old metal can and the plastic dip version. The dip version isnt to bad, I'm not sure how much those usually go for though.

jimmybjj

I took a chance and ordered some from ebay (china) a couple of days ago. If you can wait 2 or 3 weeks I can tell you if my deal was good or not.
Pcbs no longer available

Haberdasher

Yeah, Jim that's great!  I'm not in that big a hurry.

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:

jkokura

JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

jimmybjj

thats where i got mine from.
Pcbs no longer available

Haberdasher

Quote from: jkokura on December 30, 2011, 02:03:42 AM
I got ten from here, and I haven't tested them, but they seem legit:

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/260843285119?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Jacob
Yeah, that's the seller I was looking at too.  Do you have a ross comp or other where you can get in a quick test drive in the next day or two?

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:

jkokura

Nope I don't. I've had a tonne of CA3080's thought, and these Intersil's seem Legit. You have 45 days to open up an issue with Paypal if you get yours and they're junk though, so I usually don't stress about it.

My Ross Comp boards will be a few weeks getting manufactured.

Jacob

JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

Haberdasher

Well I might just go ahead and grab some then.  It sounds like the risk isn't that high.  Thanks for all the opinions!

cheers

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:

lincolnic

Small Bear sells them, too. I used one of theirs in my Dyna Comp: Http://www.smallbearelec.com/Detail.bok?no=219

bigmufffuzzwizz

I ordered some off a seller on Ebay from Hong Kong..used one in the MoRC I built and it sounds very good. Good enough to make me want a compressor.
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

Haberdasher

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:

jimmybjj

got my chips in from the ebay source. I built a comp, stuck  one in and it fired right up. Source is good to go, or at least as of this writing it is :)
Pcbs no longer available

Scruffie

Works at Lectric-FX