News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

MN3005 Aquaboy - no delay

Started by badgerific, December 29, 2011, 07:49:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

badgerific

Damn, I'll go through all 20 of mine and see if I get any difference with any. How many did you buy Loztboy if you don't mind me asking?

EDIT: Just tested all 20 in aquaboy none of them give any delay and all get hot. Seems like I got fakes :(

Loztboy

I just got two.
I sent the seller paulfreejazz(at)gmail.com a mail asking for a full refund.
I'll see what happens.
SUX
I had a little hope since other ppl said the non refurbished ones was working...

LaceSensor

Quote from: Loztboy on December 30, 2011, 08:25:08 PM
I just got two.
I sent the seller paulfreejazz(at)gmail.com a mail asking for a full refund.
I'll see what happens.
SUX
I had a little hope since other ppl said the non refurbished ones was working...

Think mine was from him and it's spot on, looks totally different to the one photographed.
Anything That's stated to be sanded for any reason makes me cautious...

badgerific

I've asked for a refund, have to wait and see how it goes.

jkokura

Man oh man. I just got my final parts in the mail, and I'm now pretty sure that my parts are fakes. Dang. I've built this thing for MN3005's, and I probably don't have any.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

Scruffie

Quote from: jkokura on December 30, 2011, 11:55:59 PM
Man oh man. I just got my final parts in the mail, and I'm now pretty sure that my parts are fakes. Dang. I've built this thing for MN3005's, and I probably don't have any.

Jacob
Small Bear Fake MN3005s? Half the Delay time but atleast it'll work.
Works at Lectric-FX

jkokura

Yeah, and not what I would prefer. Don't know Scruff. You got anything for me?

Jacob
JMK PCBs *New Website*

Scruffie

I aint got any 3005s, the only one I ever had I sold for a repair job (regret that now as while i'm happy with 3008s, i'm about 150mS away from the delay amount i'd like! but atleast I fixed a DM-2).

I do suggest you just use 4 x 3008s, there's no reason not to really other than mojo, while a 3205 and 3005 might have differences a 3008 is just a 3005 with half the delay stages.

I'm currently writing a little guide to avoiding fake 3005s on this site and how to help spot a real one atlhough nothing is fool proof, these chips are quite clearly fake to me (I figure this kinda stuff is gunna keep happening, compiling it in a single thread will hopefully stop people buying off ebay or just stop buying 3005s altogether but I have a feeling that's a loosing battle).

I'm sorry but I don't have any secret source, if I knew how to get hold of 3005s reliably i'd have some for myself and also probably be very rich. The market is full of fakes, you are gunna have to keep investing in risks basically to have a chance of getting working ones.

And 4 x 3005s? I'm afraid you're dreaming, 1 is a possibility, 2 is damn lucky but can be done... more than that...
Works at Lectric-FX

Loztboy

I got an answer from the seller regarding my refund request.
Pls apply to refund on paypal, I will refund full amount to you, I can't refund automatically at my side.

Best regards

How do I "apply to refund on paypal" anyone?

jkokura

Go log in to your PayPal, find the transaction, open a dispute and then escalate it.

Jacob
JMK PCBs *New Website*

Loztboy

I got my money back now!
Lets hope the ones I have ordered from dalbani.co.uk are real. :)

badgerific

I went through paypal and made a claim and they haven't given my money back yet. I'll email him now and see what he says. Let me know how the dalbani ones go :)

Loztboy

I will as soon as I get them.
I e-mailed him in advance, and he told me they were original MATSUSHITA - PANASONIC ICS.
He even put up an updated product image:
http://www.dalbani.co.uk/catalogue/product_details.php?id=20198
as I said I heard good things about dalbani over at the FSB and http://electro-music.com/forum/post-293753.html

badgerific

I put a MN3008 from my DMM into this aquaboy and I got delay out so it confirms the chips are fakes, at least my build works though :)

Loztboy

I got my MN3005's from dalbani.co.uk today and they are real. I posted a photo of them here: http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=3137.msg31106#msg31106
I get about 510ms of delay with my dirtbag.