News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

series/parallel and order switching in dual pedal recommendations

Started by jwin615, October 14, 2022, 12:52:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jwin615

Can anyone be kind enough to recommend a solution for me

I have a few pcbs for parts of this, be can't wrap my head around the execution.
Wanting to build a dual drive pedal(muff and brass master, aka a big brass muff master) with the ability to run in series and parallel and while in series, flip the order as well as have a variable mix knob.
Kind of like an ehx switchblade, etc.
I have a few fuzzbog spluffer pcbs, and any iirc.
Anyone done something similar or seen a good resource to do this?
I can figure out how to do one or the other, but not both.
I'd like to build the same circuit in a separate pedal fist, then incorporate it into the dual pedal so any bits on either would be awesome.
And yes, I know it's a lot of fuzz, but I'm down for that.
I have an idea utilizing a 6pdt switch that would toggle between the two modes that might work, but it would be a rats nest and am looking for a more elegant solution. I would also be forced to mount that switch on the side of the pedal, due to size, and have to work everything around it. Don't like that for layout or for reliability reasons.
Thanks

mauman

Here's something for most of the items on your wish list except switching the order, and you can add a 3PDT to do that.  Also includes a 10 dB boost for each channel.  It's not an elegant design but it works, I had one for a while. You can eliminate the balanced in/outs and the expression pedal (remote crossfade) to simplify it.  If you're wondering what the unconnected op amp IC5b in the upper right is doing, it can be used to reverse the polarity of one of the loop returns by adding the right jumpers.