News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Apocalyptic Cold...... making a 1 knobber useful

Started by Willybomb, October 03, 2022, 06:26:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Willybomb

Gudday all.  A fellow was getting rid of some Apacpulco Gold pcbs of $2 on FB a little while ago, so I nabbed three with the purpose of selling the builds later.  I'm not a fan of the AG as it stands although it does what it does well, so I decided that it needed a gain control and dual channels because I can't leave well enough alone and that's what I do.

Super happy with the gain taper given by these "b" pots, seems smooth through the whole throw.  I thought I meant to get "a" but... anyway, there it is and it works great.  Both the volume and gain controls are just voltage dividers and in theory you could get the same result with your guitar's volume knob as far as the gain goes.

Wiring is always neat until I start messing around with the pots and whatnot.  The pcb has some double sided foam tape under it but there wasn't a good spot to put it down so I zip tied it to some other cabling.

Tayda drill, powdercoat, and UV print.

jimilee

Oh nice, very festive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Willybomb

Quote from: jimilee on October 03, 2022, 02:18:37 PM
Oh nice, very festive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Didn't think of that, I was just using the same knobs for the colour on the indicator led.  Win win!

gordo

Zip tie for the win.  I quite like that teal colored wire!
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?