News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Dr Boogie....

Started by Willybomb, September 20, 2022, 02:44:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Willybomb

Had this populated for ages, not a massive fan, decided to finally box it, might need more biasing even though everything is at 4.5v 

Anyway, Tayda UV print using my "new" art style taken from my massive lack of inspiration.  Very tight fit into the 125b.

Thewintersoldier

Is it as difficult to dial in as a real boogie? @harryklippton said you need a phd to dial one in lol. At least it looks cool.
Who the hell is Bucky?

jimilee

Naaahh it's easy to dial in, as long as you can hear...as a deaf guy, I have trouble. That looks killer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Willybomb

It has a fairly narrow adjustment range with the trimpots I used, like, you breathe on it and the voltage will move by a couple of volts.  I really need someone else in the house who can play while I adjust.

That sounds like an excuse to buy a looper pedal....

BryGuy

I dig the look, especially those knobs. Very slick.

Maybe one of those trimmers with multiple turns would be appropriate in this instance.

jimilee

Quote from: Willybomb on September 20, 2022, 10:25:14 PM
It has a fairly narrow adjustment range with the trimpots I used, like, you breathe on it and the voltage will move by a couple of volts.  I really need someone else in the house who can play while I adjust.

That sounds like an excuse to buy a looper pedal....
Yeah it does. The triple wreck is even heavier. More chug for your buck! I do like to set the pots at about 4.5v

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Willybomb

Yeah, I built a triplewreck a few years ago, that had a lot more gain than this.