News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

wiring up 2 x total recall's as an analog ping pong delay.

Started by VerreyckenGerd, August 11, 2022, 11:50:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VerreyckenGerd

After succesfully building my total recall and loving it and I am thinkering about making another stereo ping pong version using 2 PCB's.

Before throwing myself into that project a am looking at options.

I am planning to only populate 1 pcb with the clock and modulation circuit and share the CP1 + CP2 signals over the TRXPN connector.
This way things would run in perfectly synced tempo.

I am planning to use a fixed feedback trimmer or fixed voltage divider resistors for feedback from the primary to the secondary delay for unity gain between left and right echo.
On the other side I am planning to use a normal pot for the feedback from the second delay back into the primary delay to regulate the actual overall feedback.
I don't know if it might be better to use a stereo feedback pot for cross-feedback. It might be more musical that the feedback get more silent every jump from left to right. On the other hand the louder first repeat might make things sound a little out of balance. What do you think?

It would be cool to have both possibility's to have mono in -> ping pong out and stereo in -> ping pong out. The problem i can think of is how to mix the dry signal into both outputs in mono->ping pong mode without adding an extra board containing a summing opamp.
I have an analog ping pong bbd, (the monacor eem-2000ST) and love how it sounds but it only contains 2xMN3005 so the total delay time is short and there is no modulation). The monacor also lacks the dry signal to the right output in ping pong mode. Something i always disliked. It is OK in 100% wet as a send fx but I would improve that in my ping ping total recall.

Any advice is welcome, thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

Gerd