News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Announcement- 1st Zoom open meeting: Sunday Aug. 14th @ 7-9pm Central Time

Started by madbean, August 06, 2022, 11:23:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madbean

Following up on this topic, I'm hosting the first mbp Zoom meeting. All members are welcome. I'm hoping to get 5-15 participants. If this is successful I plan on making this a monthly thing with different times to accommodate those in different time zones.

Date:  Sunday Aug. 14th @ 7-9pm Central Time
Agenda: Format is open but the general idea is to just talk about what you you are working on, answer questions you might have about mbp or anything related to DIY, talk about the pedal industry in general and just get to know one another a bit better. I will host and maybe guide us through the discussion but that's about it. It should be a pretty organic conversation.

I've done many of these types of calls with Function F(x) (like hundreds) and believe me, it is always a good time. So, even if you are a bit shy (as a few people mentioned in the other thread) and don't want to participate much you are welcome as an observer. One promise I can make is that you will be glad you participated. I actually have a fair amount of social anxiety myself so take it from me, you'll enjoy it.

To sign up: just post in this thread that you plan to attend by Saturday afternoon (Aug. 13th). I will use your forum email to send the Zoom invite on Saturday night or Sunday morning. If you want to use a different email for the invite just PM it to me.

I'm really looking forward to it!

zombie_rock123

Such a cool idea, glad to hear about the other time slots for us far flung schmucks!
I sometimes label builds rockwright
https://www.instagram.com/rockwrightfx/

madbean

Quote from: zombie_rock123 on August 06, 2022, 11:37:50 PM
Such a cool idea, glad to hear about the other time slots for us far flung schmucks!

Cool. I think I may end up doing two a month if there's enough interest, with one session being for those outside the North America time zones. Luckily, I'm an early riser.

BricksnBeatles

I’ll participate! Probably won’t be able to actively contribute
since I’ll be away, but I’d love to be a spectator

jimilee

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

zombie_rock123

Everyone got the memo that first session is opened with Guess The Intro on guitar or bass but with the wrong effects? Bonus points for fancy dress.
I sometimes label builds rockwright
https://www.instagram.com/rockwrightfx/

jjjimi84

If I wasn't out of town that weekend I would be all over this. Next month for sure!

mjg

Put me down as a definitely maybe... I'll see if I can sort getting that time free.  I think that's Monday 10am here, which is perfect except for that pesky thing called 'work' getting in the way.

Edit: ok, I'll sort something with work, make me a 'yes'

fair.child

I'm in. This is what we have been waiting for. Really looking forward to see inspirational build from others and excited to learn more

If we would grow it to podcast then let's do it before 2022 ends!

Also, if we can record it, maybe we can post it on MBP YouTube or something. People who won't be able to join can play it back

Carlsoti

"We are the music makers, And we are the dreamers of dreams..."

fair.child

BricksnBeatles

madbean

I just out the invite a few minutes ago to everyone who posted in this thread. Let me know if you did not get an invite.

fair.child