News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Collosalus 22

Started by HousTom, July 21, 2022, 01:14:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HousTom

Nothing too exciting to report here other than 'Hey look - I did a thing'. Doc was good, layout was very good, overall build was not too challenging and calibration was a breeze; easier than some others. Absolutely dead silent - no thumping or chirping. So kudos on that and I'm so glad Madbean brought the MXR circuit back.

Kind of a bummer that it needs 18v. Honestly that will probably keep it off my board despite it sounding really good.

Sonically the Current Lover (Mistress) seems edgy, bright and colorful, the Flintlock (A/DA) is very warm and smooth, and the Collosalus is somewhere in between them. Quieter than both. The controls operate like the A/DA -- Width and Manual interact.

TourBus is on the bench.

lars

Great-looking build! And thank you for making me aware that the Collosalus is available again! It was hard to find in the shop though. It's actually under the "Dist/OD/Boost" section.

madbean

Quote from: lars on July 22, 2022, 08:44:58 PM
Great-looking build! And thank you for making me aware that the Collosalus is available again! It was hard to find in the shop though. It's actually under the "Dist/OD/Boost" section.

I updated the page a couple days ago and put it in the wrong category. I'll fix that today.

diablochris6

Good job. The ink art is amazing looking!
Build guides of my original designs and modifications here

lars

Quote from: madbean on July 22, 2022, 09:25:34 PM
I updated the page a couple days ago and put it in the wrong category. I'll fix that today.
This is great. Mr. Bean, you run a tight ship! Looking forward to building this. Would love to hear some sound clips!