News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

PolyPhase with Thewintersoldier's Tayda UV print

Started by gordo, June 08, 2022, 11:10:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gordo

I followed Thewintersoldier's Tayda UV print tutorial and it's highly recommended watching.  Especially Part 4 where you actually have to place the order.  Chris was kind enough to share the PDF and I pounced on it to give the service a try.

Color me very impressed.  It was printed the same as his: matte white enclosure and clear topcoat on the print.  The clear topcoat is only visible at an angle but all of the text and graphics take on a cool 3D look and it really makes the colors pop.

If you've seen Chris' build then this is nothing to write home about.  I tend to be a bit lazy about cleaning up any flux gunk, and it's most noticeable topside for pots and switches.  A fair bit of cram-age here but Madbean got it all in place nicely and this is the stock drill template.  I drilled it AFTER I got the enclosure cuz I was too damn cheap to get Tayda to do it.

Here's a good example of the clear when viewed off axis.  The photo really doesn't do the detail and colors any justice it's crazy good.

The font size is ridiculously small and anywhere that it looks like the font is chunky is just the reflection from the raised portion.

Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

harryklippton

Looks good Gordo. Those knobs got me feeling some kinda way 🥵🥵🥵

Thewintersoldier

Turned out great Gordo, glad it worked out and met your expectations. It's a really cool pedal and Brian killed it. And Will is right...those knobs...

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Who the hell is Bucky?

cooder

Excellent brother to Chris' build, looks spiffin' too!
Yes the Tayda print service is great I'd say as well. I also drill myself as I find it not a big deal and makes sure that pot and switch holes are Where they're supposed to be, at least near enough.
BigNoise Amplification

Bio77

Thegordosoldgier? 

Great build, Gordo! 8)  I want to get to this one someday, but I got scared off by the cost of the three vactrols  ;D  That and I have a crazy pile of stuff to finish, already.

blackhatboojum

Everything about this build is rad as hell!  You crushed it Gordo.
The kind of guy who sticks a fork in his Dr. Pepper... If you know what I mean.

BricksnBeatles

Incredibly rad! Man, I forgot there was a polyphase board again. I gotta get one of those asap— such a good phaser!