News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Pig Butt 2019

Started by Aleph Null, May 23, 2022, 03:59:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aleph Null

This is a fairly stock Pig Butt. I had to get a little creative as I didn't have some of the specified resistor values on hand. The decal gave me a lot of trouble, but after about half a dozen attempts, I think patience paid off.

The jack connections at the top of the board made it very easy to keep the insides tidy.

I socketed all the capacitors in the tone stack. This was definitely a good idea as the stock tone stack was too scooped for my tastes. After a lot of experimentation, I settled on the values below. The result is a low pass around 460Hz and a high pass around 1.6kHz. This is actually pretty close to Ram's Head spec.

It definitely sounds like a Muff, but it's a little more ragged and mean than it's discreet counterparts.

zombie_rock123

Decal looks top notch, the font was a smashing choice too. And thanks for EQ tip, I'm yet to try an IC Muff but you've inspired me.
I sometimes label builds rockwright
https://www.instagram.com/rockwrightfx/

Bio77

Solid build, in and out! 

jimilee

Very cool!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

cooder

Spot on pink and tasty! Well done (pun intended)!
BigNoise Amplification

nzCdog

Great graphic! This looks awesome, congrats

alanp

That is one phat pig!
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

Aleph Null

Thanks for all the kind words, folks.

Quote from: zombie_rock123 on May 23, 2022, 04:25:20 PM
Decal looks top notch, the font was a smashing choice too. And thanks for EQ tip, I'm yet to try an IC Muff but you've inspired me.

I wanted the graphic design to look like something you could get on a plaque at Hobby Lobby, while sounds like a robot being thrown into a wood chipper.