News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

May the Fourth be with you!

Started by jjjimi84, May 04, 2022, 03:44:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jjjimi84

Happy Star Wars day! How neat that this is an actual day people celebrate?!?!? I love it and Star Wars, what are some of your favorite Star Wars memories?

Here are some Star Wars themed pedals for your eye holes.

matmosphere

Did you see the new Kenobi trailer?

Looks good to me, can't wait.

I've very much enjoyed Mando and Boba Fett, high hopes that the shows continue being good.

cooder

The battle rages on. Great looking pedals!
BigNoise Amplification

jjjimi84

Quote from: matmosphere on May 04, 2022, 08:29:03 PM

I've very much enjoyed Mando and Boba Fett, high hopes that the shows continue being good.

That trailer looks great and I am hoping they take cues from the comics.

mjg

We've been playing the latest Lego Star Wars game recently.  Good fun, if a little frustrating that I have to get the kid to do some parts that I am apparently too old to understand. 

I am looking forward to the Kenobi season...that kicks off in a few weeks?

harryklippton

Quote from: jjjimi84 on May 04, 2022, 09:26:25 PM

I always wondered about the star wars comics. Got any recommendations?

jjjimi84

Quote from: mjg on May 04, 2022, 09:51:40 PM
We've been playing the latest Lego Star Wars game recently.  Good fun, if a little frustrating that I have to get the kid to do some parts that I am apparently too old to understand. 

I am looking forward to the Kenobi season...that kicks off in a few weeks?

I believe it is end of May, I am glad to hear someone else does the controller swap with the little ones.

Quote from: harryklippton on May 04, 2022, 11:05:41 PM

The Darth Vader run with Kieren Gillen is really good. They start showing why Vader is so feared and what all happened between episodes 3 and 4, they also deepened his relationship with Palpatine.

harryklippton

My reading list is pretty long at the moment but I added the first issue to my list to check out

matmosphere

I read some of the new Marvel Star Wars series that I think ran concurrently with those Darth Vader issues. Probably the first 4-5 graphic novels worth. It's really solid stuff, take's place in the same era and does a great job of capturing the feel of those original movies. The stories just fit right in. Dr. Aphra is pretty cool character, I haven't read her series yet, but I like what they did with her in the Vader books.

jimilee

I did watch the family guy Star Wars trilogy yesterday, so that happened.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

thesmokingman

once upon a time I was Tornado Alley FX

jjjimi84

Quote from: matmosphere on May 05, 2022, 11:28:52 AM
I read some of the new Marvel Star Wars series that I think ran concurrently with those Darth Vader issues. Probably the first 4-5 graphic novels worth. It's really solid stuff, take's place in the same era and does a great job of capturing the feel of those original movies. The stories just fit right in. Dr. Aphra is pretty cool character, I haven't read her series yet, but I like what they did with her in the Vader books.

I have a couple with her, she is such a great counterpart to vader. She is like a really smart evil han solo

matmosphere

Just a heads up, a bunch of the graphic novels are on sale for a buck or two each on the Kindle format on amazon right now. And if you've never tried it reading newer comics on kindle, on an iPad or something, is actually pretty awesome. You can bring up everything panel by panel and blow through stuff.

harryklippton

Quote from: matmosphere on May 06, 2022, 06:19:18 PM

Just a heads up, a bunch of the graphic novels are on sale for a buck or two each on the Kindle format on amazon right now. And if you've never tried it reading newer comics on kindle, on an iPad or something, is actually pretty awesome. You can bring up everything panel by panel and blow through stuff.

I've got marvel unlimited, so I've already got access to all of them. I read comics digitally every day

BricksnBeatles

Totally rad! I was hoping to share my own Star Wars builds (I have a few dozen in various states of progress, from 'waiting to be boxed' to 'still laying out the pcb') this may 4th, but school put them on hold. Seeing this reminded me that I have something in the works (quite a way off though– haven't even started the pcb layout) that I'll be hitting you up about in the future.