News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

BigNoise Turbo Fuzz

Started by jjjimi84, April 14, 2022, 08:04:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jjjimi84

Here is the ultimate noisemaker fuzz built on an incredible board from our very own Cooder! I believe Stephan is a truly next level builder and is one of the many people here I look up to. His layouts are incredible and it shows with a crowded board like this. When I got this thing built I new I had to try and do something next level and since I had always wanted to see a sunburst pedal I thought I would give that a spin. I think it turned out really nice so much so that I don't think it needs any other art work on it, what do you all think?

Thank you again Cooder for the board and the inspiration!

zombie_rock123

Bloody love it, stunning work and nope I like it as is without anything else on there - wouldn't want to hide the colour! The lettering fits perfectly too. How did you achieve the burst?!

I sometimes label builds rockwright
https://www.instagram.com/rockwrightfx/

benny_profane

Great work both Dan and Stephan! I agree that the sunburst looks amazing and stands on its own. Is that a 555 relay scheme, or is it using a PIC uC?

Thewintersoldier

That's really nice Dan, I'm not really a heritage cherry sunburst guy but it turned out great. So glad you didn't do one of those norlin era clown bursts. The real question is, what does it sound like?
Who the hell is Bucky?

cooder

Well Dan thanks for the kind words and turning the board into this flippin awesome build, looks fab!
Great burst indeed and I am a sucker for classic bursts. Dig it!

Quote from: benny_profane on April 14, 2022, 09:09:53 PM
Great work both Dan and Stephan! I agree that the sunburst looks amazing and stands on its own. Is that a 555 relay scheme, or is it using a PIC uC?
Relay is PIC based on a slightly modified Coda relay bypass system.
BigNoise Amplification

jjjimi84

Quote from: zombie_rock123 on April 14, 2022, 08:12:54 PM
Bloody love it, stunning work and nope I like it as is without anything else on there - wouldn't want to hide the colour! The lettering fits perfectly too. How did you achieve the burst?!

I taped the enclosure and primed it white then using an airbrush i hit it with the yellow then orange and just a touch of red. Once that dries it gets a clear coat then the lettering. If I ever do it again i will film it to show you.

Quote from: benny_profane on April 14, 2022, 09:09:53 PM

Pic, I believe it is his own code. He gratuitously provided it with the board.

Quote from: Thewintersoldier on April 14, 2022, 09:11:57 PM
That's really nice Dan, I'm not really a heritage cherry sunburst guy but it turned out great. So glad you didn't do one of those norlin era clown bursts. The real question is, what does it sound like?

Your knowledge of bursts is waaaayyy more extensive then mine, i just was winging it.

What does it sound like? Amazing and brutal and sputtery

Thewintersoldier

Sound clips or it didn't happen

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Who the hell is Bucky?

jimilee

Cherry sunburst all day long!
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

jjjimi84

Quote from: Thewintersoldier on April 14, 2022, 10:05:59 PM

I give and give and give😜. Give me a moment, i will record something through the headphone rig before work tonight.

Quote from: jimilee on April 14, 2022, 10:28:30 PM

Agreed! I am a sucker for a nice burst, jimilee which guitar of yours has the best burst?

Paradox916

I love  collaborations! Nicely done guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jimilee

Quote from: jjjimi84 on April 14, 2022, 11:06:02 PM

I give and give and give. Give me a moment, i will record something through the headphone rig before work tonight.

Agreed! I am a sucker for a nice burst, jimilee which guitar of yours has the best burst?
I think my 2019 smokehouse burst Les Paul with 57 classics. My next Les paul is going to be a standard with a straight cherry sunburst, not the heritage.

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

jjjimi84

Quote from: jimilee on April 14, 2022, 11:14:33 PM

I give and give and give. Give me a moment, i will record something through the headphone rig before work tonight.

I think my 2019 smokehouse burst Les Paul with 57 classics. My next Les paul is going to be a standard with a straight cherry sunburst, not the heritage.

Does that look like the Adam Jones model?

jimilee

Quote from: jjjimi84 on April 14, 2022, 11:32:58 PM
Quote from: jimilee on April 14, 2022, 11:14:33 PM

Does that look like the Adam Jones model?

jjjimi84

Holy balls!!!! That looks glorious, the adam jones is a silverburst. That is something else entirely

cooder

I've got a burst to offer as well....

BigNoise Amplification