News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Tone Bender MKII for the auction

Started by zombie_rock123, April 06, 2022, 10:08:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zombie_rock123

My laser is being a pain in the dick lately, it's a 3018 so it's a two step process to start with, laser -> hours of chipping away with anything pointy. Only now moreso. Tone Bender MKII 'Professional' which seemingly means 100k instead of 47k on Q2C that I changed back.

I remembered the last one I built was a bit quiet maxed out, someone once said on a forum "Take the output directly from the collector of Q3, it's ... louder". Yeah, turns out they weren't joking, this is the loudest thing I've ever built. Birds fell out of the sky when I turned it on, and I was wearing headphones. I'm going to have to rewire it because christ, if someone bids on it on the auctions then they're probably not after a sound that sailors fear. I've yet to build a disappointing fuzz with AC125s, either they made them different to other germs or I've just been super lucky.

I sometimes label builds rockwright
https://www.instagram.com/rockwrightfx/

jjjimi84

Looks incredible and hats off to the best description in the build report section.

''if someone bids on it on the auctions then they're probably not after a sound that sailors fear"

hilarious!!!

benny_profane

Looks amazing! Great description too! Glad to see another brilliant build join the ranks.

harryklippton

Quote from: jjjimi84 on April 06, 2022, 11:35:55 PM
Looks incredible and hats off to the best description in the build report section.

''if someone bids on it on the auctions then they're probably not after a sound that sailors fear"

hilarious!!!

The part that got me was "birds fell out of the sky"

gordo

That looks pretty tastey inside and out.  I like the copper vein and the laser work looks really nice in the pictures.  My Neje is kinda hit or miss and I picked up some fine point paint markers to try and spice it up a bit but it still ends up looking like it was done by a 2 year old.  I like the definition on yours.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?