News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

LAYOUT FROM STRIPBOARD TO PCB QUESTION

Started by djmiyta, March 25, 2022, 12:00:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

djmiyta

I Hope I word this to be understandable to anyone who is kind enough to read this
So I have several sheets of copper clad board and am going to drill and etch my own (done many this way for years) but not my own layouts except for 4-5 small circuits that so far all worked as they should.
  The layouts are from any stripboard I find then I use DIYLC do the same layout then try to get rid of the jumpers/links and if I can shrink the board size to make a PCB
So my question to any one who does their own layouts is.... Example-- On line 2 there is a resistor a jumper then a capacitor so on line 2 there are 3 solder pads next to each other and connected. Do I have to start my trace from between the  cap and resistor like where the link's origial hole is or can I come off after the resistor and cap in other words resistor hole is #1 link hole is # 2 cap  hole is #3. instead of hole  2 using hole 3 for new  trace or would that change the circuit? i dont want to do all that work and it be for nothing
i havent done bread boarding and not into all that R&D just like building working pedals

matmosphere

If I'm understanding your question correctly then the answer is no, the order of the pads does not matter. What matters is that you keep the same legs and jumper ends from a given segment of the strip board remain connected to each other.