News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

DC Echo

Started by Bio77, March 07, 2022, 02:21:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bio77

Finally got this one figured out  8) Lot's of great builds of this one, sold me.  The circuit doesn't disappoint.  I set the gains with the scope originally, which didn't work out for me.  I end up using Betty Wont's method -> I adjusted the gains in short and long mode so that I got infinite repeats at the last part of the Repeat pot rotation. This worked.

The enclosure is no film on a seafoam green 1590XX I bought from Mammoth like 5 years ago  ;D  I've been saving it for something special. 

cooder

BigNoise Amplification

madbean

Welp, that's as good as good gets. Really pro in every aspect. I especially like the rectangular bat on the SPDT switch!

benny_profane

Incredible job! Glad you got everything sorted! That board is so clean it could be a computer render. And great work integrating the Softie. This was a great project for that enclosure. (I miss those color options.)

Bio77

Thanks guys!

Quote from: madbean on March 07, 2022, 02:34:02 AM
I especially like the rectangular bat on the SPDT switch!
These are a new offering from Tayda.  I usually stick with Taiway switches but since this one is off board, I thought I'd be safe enough.

Quote from: benny_profane on March 07, 2022, 02:59:26 AM
This was a great project for that enclosure. (I miss those color options.)
Yeah, this is why I've held onto it for so long.  They had some cool stuff.  Silver sparkle was awesome.  I still have a gold sparkle from an abandoned project I might be able to repurpose.

EBK

Quote from: Bio77 on March 07, 2022, 02:21:34 AM
The enclosure is no film on a seafoam green 1590XX I bought from Mammoth like 5 years ago  ;D  I've been saving it for something special. 
I looked at the pics before reading the description.  I said to myself: "I can't tell if that is green or gray--I hope it's green." (You know, cameras and white balance, etc.....) I was naturally quite happy when I read the description.  Very excellent!
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

Betty Wont

Gorgeous! I love everything about it.

matmosphere

Wow! I mean the bar is already pretty high around these parts. I didn't think it could go higher but you have done it.

jimilee

Daaaamn, I guess we can all quit building now. That looks incredible!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

EBK

Quote from: jimilee on March 07, 2022, 03:05:25 PM
Daaaamn, I guess we can all quit building now.
Nope.  Our benevolent overlord has commanded us to "Build All the Things," so get back to work!  ;D

"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

jjjimi84

Goodness, that is absolutely amazing!

Aentons

Haberdasher

It's beautiful.
I need to look into this no film stuff, it looks great.  Either that, or your technique with it is excellent!
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

harryklippton

Quote from: Haberdasher on March 07, 2022, 06:54:38 PM
It's beautiful.
I need to look into this no film stuff, it looks great.  Either that, or your technique with it is excellent!

It does look that good but he's really the no film master and we are the disciples

Bio77

Thanks everyone!  I appreciate the kind words from a group of people I derive so much inspiration from  8)