News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Cosmonut / Cosmopolitan

Started by timbo_93631, December 17, 2011, 08:20:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

timbo_93631

Here is my Cosmopolitan build.  I did this one in just about 3 hours, for better or worse.  Tried a sparkle gold and sparkle black sunburst spraycan finish, came out pretty cool, but it is hard to capture it with the camera.  I am gonna try it out at church tomorrow.
Sunday Musical Instruments LLC.
Sunday Handwound Pickups

timbo_93631

Sunday Handwound Pickups

nzCdog

Speed build!  Nice job, let us know how it goes :)

BRGPollen

Timbo,
     What's the green piece on the dc jack? Is it an electrolytic cap of some kind? I haven't done this build, so please forgive me if it's part of the schem. Very tidy work. How does it sound?

B
The Musician's Theory of Relativity . . . . . E=Fb

jkokura

Yeah, that is a cap, used for filtering power. Put a 100uF cap between your power in and ground to clean up your power when doing builds that don't already have one on the board.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

BRGPollen

Nice, I will have to remember that one. I always try to learn 1 new thing a day & that was just it! Thanks man.
B
The Musician's Theory of Relativity . . . . . E=Fb

timbo_93631

I ran it through it's paces yesterday, very very happy with it.  I set it for a middleground between my Uproar and 1 Knob Fuzz and was able to do cool transitions betweeen the pedals to build up the choruses and bridges in the songs we did going from singlenote stuff doubling the bass with the 1 Knob then to Cosmo then to Uproar to get really big and high gainy.  Awesome pedal, and as Jacob has said, the cap is just a extra filtering.  I have a Gator GBUS-8 brick and a little extra filtering is nice on anything that uses FET's from my experience.  The Cosmopolitan is a rad pedal, and for a really quick build I am very happy that it worked.  I boxed it before rocking which can be problematic, but not in this instance.  Merry Christmas!
Sunday Handwound Pickups

cjkbug

I love those mylar greenie caps in fuzz pedals. hi fi caps just sound a bit flat to me
I got blisters on my fingers!!!

timbo_93631

For something like this (high cap count) I like greenies.  It wouldn't make sense to me to use "mojo" caps in this pedal, but in something simpler like a Rangemaster I'll go full "mojo".  You can get some good deals on greenies on ebay and they are pretty tight on tolerance from the ones I have gotten.  This pedal kills kills kills! 
Sunday Handwound Pickups