News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Premier Guitar Article mentions, among others, MBP

Started by jimilee, December 18, 2021, 03:43:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimilee

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

pickdropper

Yeah, a really nice madbean mention at the end.

On another note, I've never seen the Hot Holder before.  That's pretty clever.  I'm half tempted to buy one, even though I don't really need it.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

matmosphere

Quote from: pickdropper on December 18, 2021, 01:15:54 PM
Yeah, a really nice madbean mention at the end.

In some pretty good company on that list as well.

gordo

I thought it was a classy touch to mention Steve at SB too.  She sounds very much like one of us.  It's a very well written article.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

madbean

Great article and very thorough. The Hot Holder thing is neat. Once I finally get my dang 3d printer going I think that would be a perfect thing to start with.

lars

On another note, I've never seen the Hot Holder before.
I don't know what was more surprising:  the asking price of the Hot Holder, or the fact that Radio Shack still exists?

peccary

A buddy of mine sent me this the other day. I saw that MB mention, pretty rad.

I like the idea of the Hot Holder, too. I use an old cardbord box with a couple different sided holes in it, though. lol

pickdropper

Quote from: lars on December 21, 2021, 03:58:26 AM
On another note, I've never seen the Hot Holder before.
I don't know what was more surprising:  the asking price of the Hot Holder, or the fact that Radio Shack still exists?

Both.  Both surprising.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

alanp

I had to look twice -- it honestly looked like a lot of 3D printed measuring tools I've seen on the 'net.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

EBK

Quote from: madbean on December 18, 2021, 03:28:58 PM
The Hot Holder thing is neat. Once I finally get my dang 3d printer going I think that would be a perfect thing to start with.
If you 3D print it, wouldn't it melt when you try to use it? 
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

matmosphere

Quote from: EBK on December 21, 2021, 02:09:49 PM
The Hot Holder thing is neat. Once I finally get my dang 3d printer going I think that would be a perfect thing to start with.

Depends on temperature, material and how close the iron is to the plastic.

So, probably.

I used to have a block of wood that I drilled out different size holes in and used about the same way. Worked well enough.

I follow Loe sounds on Instagram, they seem like cool people and the make some really cool stuff.

movinginslomo

Quote from: EBK on December 21, 2021, 02:09:49 PM

The radio shack one looks originally 3d printed but cast in silicone, so heat resistant.