News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Couple of Aion builds...Hexeract and Megalith

Started by gordo, December 14, 2021, 02:35:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gordo

I'm on a mission to rip off everyone's graphics and these were no different.

Very cool builds and while the Hexeract will be familiar territory for anyone that's built a Craig Anderton Tube Sound (Mysterioso and Snarkdoodle certainly fall into this category) this one brings to the table that CA should likely have been given a lot of the proceeds from Mike Mathew's version.  It's a really clever mashup with the Big Muff tone control (OK, I guess MM gets to own that) with a bypass.  The bypass does a nice job at lower gain settings but you usually need to reign in the low end on higher settings.  Capable of ridiculous amounts of gain or level or mild stuff too.  Keen eyes will see how I whiffed with a sharpie trying to get the inside rim of the LED hole red with a sharpie.  Oh well..

Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

gordo

And the Megalith.  This thing is a beast but pretty tame by ZVEX standards.  Again...straight ripoff of the vertical version of the pedal but who am I to argue with perfection?

Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

jimilee

Those look fabulous Gordo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

jjjimi84

Gordo they look great and as for the red it adds character.

harryklippton

Those are great. Always thought the hot tubes looked sick

Bio77

Looks awesome!  Clean builds, and I always appreciate the write up on the sound.  This one just got on my radar  8)

You can dab off that whiff with a q-tip and some isopropanol if it bugs you.