News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Reverb housed in Volume/Wah Pedal?

Started by insomniac2295, December 15, 2011, 10:03:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

insomniac2295

I have a friend who is interested in having his Holy Grail rehoused in a volume or wah type enclosure so he can use varying amounts of reverb throughout his set. Is this a feasible option? How would you do it?

jkokura

Totally feasible.

What I would do is put the pedal in the enclosure and then use the closest wah pot value I could find to fit the wah enclosure and replace the pot from the holy grail. However, I'm not sure how that knob works - is it a mix knob? That would be best. If that knob affects the overall volume of his signal that wouldn't work.

Using a wah pot simply means it would work with the enclosure. Typical Alpha pots wouldn't work well in that situation.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

timbo_93631

There are alot more wah pot values then there used to be, 100k, 125k, 150k, 200k, & 470k are all pretty easy to come by.  Check Smallbear's stocklist. If you are gonna use an Alpha get a 24mm pot and make sure it is reverse taper then get a replacement gear or steal the gear off the stock pot and flatten the shaft with a vise and an angle grinder so it works together.  Good luck!
Sunday Musical Instruments LLC.
Sunday Handwound Pickups

insomniac2295

Awesome ideas. Yeah, it's a blend knob.

Do you think that the board will fit in a wah enclosure?
Where can one get an empty wah enclosure?
Would it work with a volume pedal?

jkokura

Yes I think it would fit.

You can get empty enclosures from Smallbear, or a cheap wah can be gutted.

Depends on the volume pedal enclosure.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

jubal81

This might be an overly complicated solution, but I've always been fascinated by The Tone God's Rock'n Control:
http://tech.thetonegod.com/rockncontrol/rock.html

You could make it work with any volume/wah pedal's pot value.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

slimtriggers

The T.I.P Third Hand is a mechanical solution worth considering, too. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cex2znTms8

gtr2

Quote from: insomniac2295 on December 16, 2011, 12:01:38 AM
Where can one get an empty wah enclosure?
Would it work with a volume pedal?

If you post an ad on craigslist for a wah pedal wanted.  You'll get more than a few responses (depending on where you live  ;) )  Most times you can pick one up for around $20 or less that way.

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer