News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Aristocrat Problems :(

Started by Wedge, August 04, 2010, 08:25:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wedge

So I'm working on my first of two aristocrat builds, and I'm running into a couple of trouble spots.  As of currently, the pedal does not run on battery power, and also doesn't bypass when not being supplied with DC power to the jack.  I tried reversing the + poles on the DC jack already, which got me to this point - before doing so the pedal just plain wouldn't work at all.  Anybody have thoughts on why this might be?

maysink

Wire the power jack up like so...

...with the black battery wire going to the power adapter ground lug and a 2nd wire going from the same ground lug to the ring of the input jack. Pictures of the actual build are needed for me to help further. Good luck!
[nothing to see here]
-e

jkokura

I have a suspicion that more than just your power jack wiring is the problem, you may have wiring issues in your bypass as well. If you can give us high res pics that will help a lot, but more details would be helpful.

Be precise: exactly what is and what isn't happening?

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

Wedge

Actually I just got it fixed!  I did the rewiring of the power jack as suggested above, but that wasn't entirely successful - so then I consulted some wiring diagrams of other pedals I've built and realized that the sleeve or ring (don't remember which) of the input jack wasn't grounded, and needed to be.  So I stole ground from somewhere and tada!  I'm not sure if the layout itself is messed up - I like quadruple checked my work and I don't think I messed it up anywhere, but perhaps I was wrong.  Anyways, I've got another aristocrat that I'm going to wire up over the next few days, so I'll see if I have to make the same changes or if I just messed up the first time around.  Regardless, thanks guys!

jkokura

Good stuff - I'm glad it worked.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals