News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Any Bassists on here?

Started by insomniac2295, December 13, 2011, 08:18:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

insomniac2295

There don't seem to be many bassists on here or building effects. Stand up and be counted!
What MadBean projects have you built with success for bass?

I'll start- I've done the Giltterrattii (with bass mods), Sabertooth, and Double Flush. All have worked well for bass. Only gripe is on the Double Flush, it's hard to set the mix just right so there isn't much of a volume drop. Other than that, I'm a happy camper!

CRBMoA

madbean

madbean

This is not my pic, but I have one of these and it is my pride and joy!

Also have: 79 P-Bass, a PJ bass from DCountry13 which was built by Andy Carrel, and also one of those little tiny ones...the one with surgical tubing for strings. Forget what the hell it's called.

When I was gigging I used a 1st generation Whammy, a Digitech PDS-1002 and a Tube Screamer. Not a signle "bass" effect.

That said, a couple of bass-specific projects are well past overdue here.

insomniac2295

Quote from: madbean on December 13, 2011, 11:02:14 PM
This is not my pic, but I have one of these and it is my pride and joy!

Also have: 79 P-Bass, a PJ bass from DCountry13 which was built by Andy Carrel, and also one of those little tiny ones...the one with surgical tubing for strings. Forget what the hell it's called.

When I was gigging I used a 1st generation Whammy, a Digitech PDS-1002 and a Tube Screamer. Not a signle "bass" effect.

That said, a couple of bass-specific projects are well past overdue here.

Not a bad setup, Bean! That Starfire is soooo sexy. I've only played the DeArmond Starfire, but even that was incredible.

As far as "bass" effects go, yeah most of them are a hunk of crap made purely for the dummies who eat it up. However, that's not to say that some effects shouldn't be tailored for bass. I've played many fuzzes/distortions/ODs that did not work for bass, at all.

For some reason, I have a hard time getting my DL4 to oscillate with my bass. Even with repeats turned up all the way, it's still nearly impossible.

karter2000

LaceSensor

I think the woolly mammoth is an awesome bass pedal so the sabertooth should be on ppls lists

Matt Gnarly

I have a late 80's Ibanez Roadbass and Fender Rumble 150 but they don't get much use, never really used effects with my bass though.

raulduke

Yeah I like to play the bass occassionally. Just at home though.

I use flatwound strings as I think they sound loads nicer.

I have the Matt Freeman Squier Precision which I swapped out the pickups, pots and pickguard on. Its a really nice bass. I also have a Vintage (the brand) Jazz bass copy that I got on the cheap.

My favourite bass effects would be the SFT/Faultline and a Meathead tuned with large in/out caps.

Compressors can be cool on bass too IMO.

sam_c

Im a bassist too.

I tried my egodriver at a gig last weekend and it sounded ok, but IMO bass drives always need a blend pot to get dry signal back in...even if its just a small amount.

I plan on making a wolfshirt for my bass with a footswitch for the octave and a dry signal blendpot.  Also gonna make a pork barrel to replace my crappy behringer chorus.

the3secondrule

yup bass player (and guitarist) here.

currently on my bass pedalboard is a sunking, muff clone (green russian spec) ehx microsynth (modded for bass), and now the dirtbag  ;D

Quote from: insomniac2295 on December 13, 2011, 08:18:48 PM
There don't seem to be many bassists on here or building effects. Stand up and be counted!
What MadBean projects have you built with success for bass?

"I have many leatherbound books, and my apartment smells of rich mahogany"

pryde

I am primarily a guitar player but I do dabble in the bottom-end occasionally.

I own a german-made Warwick Rockbass Corvette and play it through a little acoustic bass amp.

I do plan on making some bass effects for my brother in law who is a professional bass player

jtn191

I wanna make a pedal for my friend who plays bass in this prog/math rock band http://titanrock.bandcamp.com/track/answer , but don't really know which one to go with...maybe a wooly mammoth or SFT?

He's already got a Bass Muff

jkokura

Cool sound. He certainly could use something to fatten up his sound and let it cut through a bit more. All I hear on that track is the guitars. Of course, that has as much to do with the mixing as the playing.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

CRBMoA

Quote from: madbean on December 13, 2011, 10:58:16 PM
Quote from: CRBMoA on December 13, 2011, 10:57:09 PM
I am a bassist.

Wait, I thought you were a musician?

My main bass is a 5-string, so do I get half credit? ;D