News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

My latest batch of builds

Started by jimilee, June 25, 2021, 03:39:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimilee

Words words words, I know, I'm sorry.

So, as you know, I build a bunch at the same time. Here are my latest. I have enjoyed watching my own pedals, and since I don't already have 100 boards to build, I've been making my own as well. Let's get to it:

The first is a JHS morning glory with a tone and extra dirt switch. It's a light to medium gain drive.

The next is a Boss SD-2. I ordered the 40th anniversary pedal, so I built this while I was waiting.

The next is a Madbean Mysterioso. If you haven't built one of these, you're eating tour life. It's an amazing overdrive, full of tone and crunch.

Finally, we have an Uber Tuber. It's alright, I see it as kore of a preamp type pedal than an overdrive. It's more of a light gain over drive. 

Not pictured: an EQD Plumes. It's fricken heavy and awesome. I removed the DS-1 circuit from last time, it's still terrible, and put it in that enclosure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Thewintersoldier

Nice ones Jimi, and those etched boards look great. I like the graphics on the black stone, how does it sound?
Who the hell is Bucky?

jjjimi84

I am loving these builds! Nice job, I am throwing the uber tuber and the mysterioso to the list.

jimilee

Quote from: Thewintersoldier on June 25, 2021, 10:55:12 PM
Nice ones Jimi, and those etched boards look great. I like the graphics on the black stone, how does it sound?
It's a warm distortion / sound.  It has sound great dynamics options that will react to your picking style. I love mosfet, I have a hartke bass head I used to gig with, it has a mosfet channel.

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Bio77

Those look great!  I've been sitting on a Mysterioso board for awhile, bout time to build it up ;D

gordo

Mysteriouso is a cool pedal.  Like the Anderton Tube Sound tweaked like crazy.

I like the Uber Tuber as well.  Jimi, I don't know if anyone replied to you but it's not a very gainy pedal at max but does nicely with a boost out in front, or the UT warming up the front of an overdrive pedal.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

jimilee

Quote from: gordo on June 26, 2021, 01:57:37 AM
Mysteriouso is a cool pedal.  Like the Anderton Tube Sound tweaked like crazy.

I like the Uber Tuber as well.  Jimi, I don't know if anyone replied to you but it's not a very gainy pedal at max but does nicely with a boost out in front, or the UT warming up the front of an overdrive pedal.
Thanks Gordo. I watched several Blackstone videos and started looking everywhere for a board, only to realize bean had one. I found the original trace from 2017, but I figured this one would be less trouble with a prefab board.

Never got an answer in the UT, but that's what I was thinking, too. A boost or a tone shaper in front of my amp, like a preamp. I just didn't know if there was another way to compensate internally for the higher voltage I was getting.

cooder

Excellent bunch there, great stuff! The Mysterioso makes me very curious then as well... Dig the 'Madbean Appliances'.
BigNoise Amplification

jimilee

Quote from: cooder on June 26, 2021, 05:39:28 AM
Excellent bunch there, great stuff! The Mysterioso makes me very curious then as well... Dig the 'Madbean Appliances'.
Thank you. Check out the you tubez, it's a great pedal.

culturejam

Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects