News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Out of Print Wampler Books...Where to get them?

Started by spy590, December 12, 2011, 07:39:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spy590

I've been looking for the Wampler books for a good bit, but I've never been successful. Is anyone aware of any place that still has these things?

gtr2

I bought one a long time ago.  I found the info on various websites and forums much more helpful.

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

jtn191

Duckman shared them with me over at FSB and I put up this link http://www.mediafire.com/?lnlu6q237fmsw3n

Brian said he's cool with it as long as you understand there are some errors/out of date info, and that he still holds the copyright...so don't try to sell it

spy590

Quote from: jtn191 on December 12, 2011, 08:03:49 PM
Duckman shared them with me over at FSB and I put up this link http://www.mediafire.com/?lnlu6q237fmsw3n

Brian said he's cool with it as long as you understand there are some errors/out of date info, and that he still holds the copyright...so don't try to sell it

Whoa, right on man! I've read that all the info in those books is available out on the net, but I thought it would be cool to see it all in one place. If anything, it will just give me more things to research elsewhere.

Thanks guys!

TNblueshawk

John

spy590

These are the pedal DIY books that Brian Wampler had on the market a while back. Ultimately, he started manufacturing his boutique stuff so I guess the books weren't really part of the plan anymore. He makes some killer pedals, and he's always been pretty active in the DIY community.

sgmezei

This is killer! I have heard about these and have been looking.

Thanks for the link!!

TNblueshawk

Cool. There is stuff that is not entirely accurate at Beavis, but there is still a ton to learn and most of it is in fact correct so close enough.

John

spy590

I've spent a ton of time on beavis--learned a whole lot. The project docs for the Beavis Board are awesome, even if you don't build the actual breadboard projects. It's a shame he doesn't post new content anymore.

TNblueshawk

Quote from: spy590 on December 13, 2011, 10:42:24 PM
I've spent a ton of time on beavis--learned a whole lot. The project docs for the Beavis Board are awesome, even if you don't build the actual breadboard projects. It's a shame he doesn't post new content anymore.

He's gone hifi I think. I found him by Googlin' around and he seems to have left analog behind.
John

Bret608

Does anyone know if Brian's book on Fender Blues Jr. mods is out there on the webs anywhere? Or does anyone here have an electronic copy? I learned a good bit from his pedal books and figured this would be a good way to get started on amps, since I do in fact have a Blues Jr. But I know they're out of print at this point. I did get one I didn't already have from the link above.

Thanks to anyone who can point me in the right direction here!

Cheers,

Bret

claytushaywood

I bought wampler's ebook off his website a couple years ago.  the pedal mod one.  I emailed him regarding the false advertisement for the book- it was advertised on his website as having more "mods" than it actually did, and there were several pedal mods that he advertised that were not even in the book at all.  He wrote me back getting hilariously defensive... saying shit like, those are going to be updates, (how you could update the hard copy... I dont know to this day) I've refunded your money, and to never contact him again, "i've contacted my attorney", I dont have enough money to be worth of suit, etc etc.  All I did was drop the phrase "false advertising" in passing. Really just wanted to know why the book I paid for didnt have him.

Worst $20 I've ever spent (errr... 20 minutes wasted) ... Are the other ones good then?  I cant believe how diystompboxes has changed.

Bret608

Wow! I never noticed that mismatch on the pedal mod book. He's always seemed pretty nice, so the threat to lawyer up seems pretty overblown! Glad I was not on the business end of that exchange.

claytushaywood

Quote from: Bret608 on March 26, 2012, 04:50:04 PM
Wow! I never noticed that mismatch on the pedal mod book. He's always seemed pretty nice, so the threat to lawyer up seems pretty overblown! Glad I was not on the business end of that exchange.

Yeh, you realize he said he was going to lawyer up and all that, not me.  just making sure, as I didnt make that too clear.

But yeh, there were several mods (just happened to be like 3 of the ones I was really interested in and couldnt find elsewhere) that were listed on the advertisement that arent in the book.  He definitely had boss odb-3 bass overdrive listed and it wasnt in my ecopy.

now you go to his page and he's sponsored by brad paisley... I didnt know you could sell your soul to the pedal making devil... crazy

Bret608

You bet! I knew you were talking about him getting all lawyered out. He's not the only one to go that route--the whole Devi Ever-JHS debacle was wild!