News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Sagan Delay V2.1

Started by jjjimi84, June 14, 2021, 03:07:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jjjimi84

Here is my most recent painting and I thought I would show a little bit into the process. I drilled the enclosure then airbrushed a coat of white primer then silver then bronze on the outer rim. After that I sprayed on a coat of clear green and then a coat of clear. Then I played the pedal for about three months and thought about what to do next.

My buddy Casey came over plugged it in and said its leaving with me, and then I had to paint it. I wanted to do something like the original artwork but he insisted on a Hulk. I usually do not like doing such well known characters because of two reasons, zero confidence in my skills and two any small error is really apparent.

What I did with this is using a reference photo I did the outline with black ink and then filled it in with a couple coats of white primer.

As you can see I already had the lettering down and decided the slam switch should be a smash switch.

Once this dried I started the outline of all of the basic features and then started with a gray wash paint and a flat black to do some shading and texturing. After all of that I went for the final details with gloss black to do line work.

This Hulk had more nose jobs than the Kardashian family.

and the guts.

gordo

Whoa!! That looks insane and a tough one to do large graphics on due to sheer knobage count.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

jimilee

That is massively insane!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

jjjimi84

Thank you fellas! Nothing like an old fashioned grey scale painting.

Bio77

Looks awesome!  I love me some Sagan.  What enclosure is that?  It's a great size for this.

jjjimi84

Quote from: Bio77 on June 14, 2021, 11:45:16 PM
Looks awesome!  I love me some Sagan.  What enclosure is that?  It's a great size for this.

Thank you sir! It is a 1590u, the recommended 1590c was too small for my stompers

culturejam

That's a fantastic job!

QuoteThen I played the pedal for about three months and thought about what to do next.

Got a good chuckle out of this.  ;D
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

jjjimi84

Quote from: culturejam on June 15, 2021, 03:54:26 AM
That's a fantastic job!

QuoteThen I played the pedal for about three months and thought about what to do next.

Got a good chuckle out of this.  ;D

Thank you for the kind words! I swear my routine is build, then play and stare at it for months, take it apart and paint it to put it all back together. So inefficient