News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Do tantalum and ceramic cap worth if they save space?

Started by JackSkellington, May 20, 2021, 10:25:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oeslicoalfin

Quote from: JackSkellington on May 22, 2021, 03:05:27 PM
I often take a look to Mouser, but I find it expensive and it has millions of items that I never found what exactly I wanted. ::)

I'll search some other shop, but I know it's not so ok make an order to buy just some caps in case I need or pay too much what I can find for less money.
We'll see! ;)

Thanks for all the informations.

Mouser, Arrow, Digi-Key, etc. have some learning curves in relation to using their website filters, but those tools are very powerful to drill down into a specific component category and allow you to find the cheapest version they sell of whatever you are after that meets your specs (NPO/COG, % tolerance, etc). Obviously, they are not going to beat Tayda's prices - ever. Since Banzai and Musikding are in the EU, try looking at Arrow. The last time I tried to order something from Arrow (within the past year) that was out of stock at Mouser, they wanted $100 to ship it from a warehouse in the Netherlands (ouch). I was able to find what I needed at Digi-Key and avoid the international shipping cost to the USA. Things are going to be weird as long as our supply chains are all messed up... Fortunately, our hobby doesn't rely on modern ICs that are in short supply.

You can always socket the parts where you can't afford a (COG/NPO, etc) part now and upgrade later when you can!

Aentons

If you do buy mlcc from tayda, I've noticed that all the values except 100n have 5mm pin spacing and they don't bend in very well

JackSkellington

Quote from: oeslicoalfin on May 22, 2021, 03:47:34 PM
[...]
try looking at Arrow.
[...]

Thank you. I didn't know it. I'll search something at Arrow, too

Quote from: Aentons on May 22, 2021, 04:44:12 PM
If you do buy mlcc from tayda, I've noticed that all the values except 100n have 5mm pin spacing and they don't bend in very well

Yes, indeed, I noticed that. I hope, in case, it won't be a problem. ;)
«Just because I cannot see it doesn't mean I can't believe it»