Main Menu

Choose your fighter

Started by Thewintersoldier, May 14, 2021, 01:08:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jjjimi84

Quote from: peccary on May 14, 2021, 04:57:47 PM
Quote from: Aentons on May 14, 2021, 04:49:15 PM
I'm wearing cutoff jeanshorts right now. Yesterday I wore swim trunks

Can't beat built-in underwear. Power move.

HAHAHHAAHA This killed me, well done. I am with Aleph Null, pants specifically Levis and that hasnt changed in 20 years. When I take off my pants to go to bed, they light up the room. We men in my family have what we lovingly call glow sticks, not legs.

big hit at raves.

davent

Those are all pretty ugly, wouldn't be caught dead in any of those. Have seen some pictures recently of tactical shorts worth at least investigating however...

I really hate cargos of any sort, make that any clothing with surface mount pockets, the pockets continually snag on things i walk past. That said camo cargos for most of the time because they're built, reinforced like a tank and take a beating, can't see how dirty they are or how much junk has been spilled on them, dry fast even though multi-layered. If i need to go some place respectable i'll put on shorts with no externally attached pockets, i don't need pockets, i've used messenger type bags for almost 50 years.

... 10°C is the dividing line between shorts weather and pants weather, did do a couple eight, nine degree days this winter, not so bad as long as it's not windy...

... kleenex is the bane of this laundry boy, i never use kleenex so i know it wasn't my pocket...

... flat, form fitting pockets on the butt of my jeans are fine...
dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

Aentons

Quote from: davent on May 14, 2021, 09:43:37 PM
... flat, form fitting pockets on the butt of my jeans are fine...
dave
Add jeggings to the list :)

mjg

I think maybe we're more casual here in the Southern Hemisphere, but I never go more fancy than sports shorts.  Cargos would be like dressing up for a wedding or something.

gordo

Ha!!!

I was just thinking that even in Chicago in February I was still wearing shorts to make the trek downstairs to my office.  I think I've worn socks, like, maybe 10 times in the last 14 months...
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

culturejam

Quote from: gordo on May 14, 2021, 11:50:09 PM
I think I've worn socks, like, maybe 10 times in the last 14 months...

I'm the opposite. I LOVE socks!  ;D
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

davent

Quote from: culturejam on May 15, 2021, 04:05:04 AM
Quote from: gordo on May 14, 2021, 11:50:09 PM
I think I've worn socks, like, maybe 10 times in the last 14 months...

I'm the opposite. I LOVE socks!  ;D

Yeah,  i love socks too, wear socks all the time cause i wear shoes all the time, Darn Tough wool socks, in the house shoes, Nike high cut basketball shoes, way better than slippers.

dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

matmosphere

And it is pants for the win.

I don't like shorts but after moving to a place where it gets into the nineties a couple months out of the year I think of them as a necessary evil. Type doesn't matter too much, I think of them as all equally blah.

Socks, I like though. there is possibly another similar conversation to have here about sandals. The "sport" sandal, the flip-flop, the Birkenstock, hiking sandals, the clog.. are socks allowed with sandals!?

Aentons

When I lived in Southern CA, I went 5 years without wearing socks or shoes. It was fantastic. I avoid them as much as possible. Flip-flops FTW!

peccary

I'd wear shorts 365 days a year if I didn't have to go in to an office. And I am usually wearing Rainbow sandals unless I'm in the office or doing something requiring shoes. Were pretty casual here in Southern California.

harryklippton

It's Crocs or barefoot for me in the summer. Crocs in the house in winter. Socks with long pants and Crocs are a go. No socks with Crocs for shorts

matmosphere

Quote from: harryklippton on May 15, 2021, 07:00:04 PM
It's Crocs or barefoot for me in the summer. Crocs in the house in winter. Socks with long pants and Crocs are a go. No socks with Crocs for shorts

Goodness, how did I forget about Crocs!

jimilee

Quote from: Matmosphere on May 15, 2021, 07:30:12 PM

Good fortune maybe?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

davent

Quote from: jimilee on May 15, 2021, 07:39:04 PM

Good fortune maybe?

I'll say, footwear that doesn't remain on the foot independent of muscle contraction is lunacy. I did try a pair, pure torture.

dave

jimilee

Quote from: davent on May 15, 2021, 08:32:34 PM
Quote from: jimilee on May 15, 2021, 07:39:04 PM

Good fortune maybe?

I'll say, footwear that doesn't remain on the foot independent of muscle contraction is lunacy. I did try a pair, pure torture.

dave
My buddy brought some back from LA before they hit here. Awesome is what they don't look.

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.