News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

New batch of builds completed (silver fox, zombii, Krankosaurus)

Started by tagwap, December 10, 2011, 12:10:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tagwap

First up:

SilverFox

I know you guys like gut shots but i couldn't be bothered to open it up again as I finished them late last night. Might get round to some later.
Great sounding overdrive. Put the 3 trim pots to the outside as regular pots so I can tune the pedal to various amps without having to open her up.

Calvin and Hobbes themed Zombi

I love Calvin and Hobbes and thought they should have a place on my board!

Krankosaurus

Love this pedal too. Not sure if it's actually modelled on a plexi but I like the look anyway!!

The whole family

Comments welcome. Thanks to Haberdasher for excellent boards and a great service with fast delivery.

Coming soon (If I get a chance with a 4 week old baby to keep happy!): uproar, serendipity and yellowshark.

For my previous builds see here:
http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=2830.0

marmaliser

Awesome, love the artwork/ colours of the  silver fox and that krank just looks special .... ;D

TNblueshawk

Crap dude, every one of those look killer.

I would love to see some gut shots so pop open a good porter grab you a screw driver get in the comfy chair and snap them pics  ;D
John

Haberdasher

Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

dwstanford

Those are stellar, man.  I'd love to get a look at them guts, though.

jimmybjj

Wow, looks fantastic. Would you mind sharing how you did the graphics on the silver fox, specifically the white lettering. Is it a white decal?
Pcbs no longer available

tagwap

Sure. I use the free photo editing online software at pixlr.com. I built the image up in layers.

So first I take a picture of my drilled enclosure with the knobs placed in the right place and crop this to size. Then I build everything on top of this in layers. The paisley background is an iPhone wallpaper layered carefully with another to get the pattern. The I make this slightly transparent so I can see the knobs below and place the lettering in the right place then add shadows and outlines to the lettering. Lose the transparency. Resize it to print for the enclosure and then print it on glossy adhesive paper. I can't recommend pixlr.com highly enough. It's great it's free an you don't need to install anything.

Thanks for all the kind comments.

jimmybjj

Thanks for that. Is your adhesive paper transparent or colored?
Pcbs no longer available

plesur

All of these are really excellent.

I especially like the Calvin and Hobbes one!

bigmufffuzzwizz

Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

tagwap

These are all done on white glossy paper because they're dark paintjobs. On previous pedals I've sprayed them white and used transparent. Both work equally well but I found transparent will only look right on white.

Gut shots to follow! I've got some porter in but my baby is screaming so no time right now!

nzCdog

TNblueshawk

Quote from: tagwap on December 10, 2011, 08:12:41 PM
These are all done on white glossy paper because they're dark paintjobs. On previous pedals I've sprayed them white and used transparent. Both work equally well but I found transparent will only look right on white.

Gut shots to follow! I've got some porter in but my baby is screaming so no time right now!

The only color for clear that I've been able to get away with is a light cream or beige paint job. Doesn't alter it much at all IMO.
John