News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

#VFEFRIDAY The VFE Pre!

Started by jjjimi84, April 02, 2021, 10:37:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jjjimi84

Here is VFEs take on the BB Preamp, this board came from the VFE files. I made this in a florescent orange 1590B from tayda and it is crazy bright, like too bright and I didnt really like it. Once I painted the Morton Koopa face on there I decided to keep going to cover up some of the bright orange.

The pedal sounds really cool, it has a switch to go between 9v and 18v which is nice for this kind of Tube screamer type thing. This is the last Koopaling series, next week will be Bowser Junior and then we are onto some good stuff.

jimilee

Nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Thewintersoldier

I dig the orange and morton looks awesome. I wish more drives had a voltage switch like this, it's like having 2 pedals in one
Who the hell is Bucky?

harryklippton

jjjimi84

Quote from: Thewintersoldier on April 02, 2021, 11:56:53 PM
I dig the orange and morton looks awesome. I wish more drives had a voltage switch like this, it's like having 2 pedals in one

It really is, the 9v is dirtier and is good when you want the gain, 18v is all headroom and pretty.

Bio77

Awesome build! 

I have a 1590A in the same orange I haven't found a use for.  It is a lot brighter than it looked!

jjjimi84

Quote from: Bio77 on April 03, 2021, 07:52:55 AM
Awesome build! 

I have a 1590A in the same orange I haven't found a use for.  It is a lot brighter than it looked!

RIGHT!?!?! My sons favorite color is orange which is why I got it and its electric orange on steroids. I think it would be best suited for a phaser

Netnnk

Another Vfe Preamp builder!   The clipping pot on this one does a lot. In the middle, where it's mostly bypassed lets it shine as a distortion.
    And yeah I have one of the neon orange ones and it's extreme, more so than their green and pink even.