News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Ping C6 value

Started by harryklippton, February 27, 2021, 05:06:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

harryklippton

Whoops, I don't have a 39n cap. Would a 33nf or 47nf be ok? One over the other?

harryklippton

Well I went with the 33nf cap after seeing some old threads where some folks subbed a 33n for a 39n in the aquababy.

Bio77

Did it work out?  It usually depends on what the cap is doing in the circuit.  If its part of a filter, it will work, but might sound different.

harryklippton

I didn't finish wiring it up yet. Hoping it works cuz it might be hard to get the brick out to swap it out.

Bio77

Can you post a link to the schematic?  Do you measure the capacitance of you caps?

harryklippton

I did not measure the capacitance of the cap. Here's the schematic

Bio77

I think you're going to be fine, but I'm still a dummy ;D, maybe somebody smarter can chime in.  Your cap is not in the audio path.  If you aren't measuring caps, they are +- 10-20% so 33 is 18% of 39, OK.  I do measure caps, and I like things in the audio path to be +- 5%, everything else I like +-10%, except power stuff where +-20% is fine. 

harryklippton

Thanks. I like that idea of using tighter tolerances in the audio path. Do you keep notes or write that stuff down when you're building?

davent

If there's room you could always parallel a cap in the 5n-7n range with the 33n, if you have something on hand.
dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?