News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

A Friend for my Sagan Delay (Kezuroukai Phaser)

Started by Bio77, January 27, 2021, 02:21:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bio77

I built a Sagan Delay a few months back and really dig it.  I downloaded the graphics from diablochris and also really like the style of them. 

https://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=32079.msg308259#msg308259

The Sagan looked kind of lonely in the middle of all my regular spooky pedals, so I decided to make a few more inspired by the Boss-style 80s Space thing, DC created. Here is the Bean's Kezuroukai Phaser.  I have a Space Chorus in the works, but it needs a de-bug.  No film decal on polished box, a 10mm LED, and a crammed in Softie.

Sound-wise, this thing is amazing.  I wasn't expecting to like the other modes so much, but the Pad mode and especially the Ring mode are super cool bonuses.  All the switches change the effect noticeably.  There's a lot of future tweeking to be done here.

I ordered the FKP instead of the MKS 68n box caps by mistake, so, that's what those big red ones are.  A few ended up on the bottom of the board to make them fit.   

cooder

Totally spiffin' inside out and you nailed that look! Relay bypass too! Swish swoosh!
BigNoise Amplification

jimilee

So awesome. Nice match up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

DLW

Thewintersoldier

Damn John, that is sick! That graphic turned out so good, totally floored. And that board is so clean, not a trace of flux, what do you clean your board with? Fantastic all around!
Who the hell is Bucky?

PapaKev

harryklippton

jjjimi84

Aentons

Man, I really like that. I'm impressed. That's one of the best looking pedals I've seen

Bio77

Thanks guys!  This one came out good, I'm stoked.

Quote from: Thewintersoldier on January 27, 2021, 03:25:36 AM
And that board is so clean, not a trace of flux, what do you clean your board with? Fantastic all around!
Just acetone, I clean it at different stages of building.  I put a kimwipe over the board and wipe acetone over with a q-tip. Not sure I recommend it. It's an idiosyncrasy I picked up from a few SMD build videos.  Now the OCD demons make me do it.  ::)

dawson

That looks really, really awesome and I'm sure they look great together on the floor.

I'm a fan of that oversized LED- the amber looks great with the green and it's even bigger than the 8mm ones I use!

Great build- glad you're stoked!
Criticism is encouraged: constructive, or otherwise.

gordo

OMG, that visual looks SO good and a perfect pairing with the Sagan!
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

Govmnt_Lacky

Awesome build!

Out of curiosity... what is the meaning of the "13070TA?"

matmosphere

Bio77

Thanks everyone!
Quote from: Govmnt_Lacky on January 27, 2021, 05:40:31 PM
Out of curiosity... what is the meaning of the "13070TA?"
DC's Sagan graphic had RE2399, indicating the chips were PT2399s.  Following the rules I thought an OTA Ross based phaser using LM13700 should be OTA13700, but I goofed it from memory when I made it  ::)  So, to answer your question, it now has no meaning  ;D