News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

How it started, how it's going

Started by Thewintersoldier, January 25, 2021, 02:35:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thewintersoldier

I was looking at some old pictures and came across one of my first builds and it got me thinking that I would do the comparison of then vs now. I feel like I've come a long way from where I started but no where near where I want to be. Long way to go still. So maybe you'd like to show your story and give me some inspiration!

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Who the hell is Bucky?

alanp

How it started:

How it's going:

I don't think I'm ever going to wind up with classy wiring like some people around here.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

danfrank

How it started: First pic

How it's going... 2nd pic

Im a lot neater now with my layout wiring. The 1st pic is probably one of the first things I built, a dirt box. I used every dirty trick in the book to get it together, only because I had no idea what I was doing at the time. It worked though. Lol!

Willybomb

I mostly build on vero, and that stuff is never neat.  The first pic is the first pedal I built, a Little Angel from a Haberdasher etch, and when I redid the guts a couple of years later.

My stuff didn't really get a lot neater unless it was on PCB, but even then I had a lot of stupid ideas that made them relatively mess.

The other builds are Reactor (Bajaman's JVM410), Magnus Opus (3 channel Boneyard with 3 clipping options on each channel, plus a bit more), and Megatron TMK2601 (3x Pedalpcb Octagons).

Thewintersoldier

I think a lot of us did our first builds where everything had offboard wiring and that makes for a difficult time making it neat. But you guys are still better than than most builds I see out there, especially vero and builds with lots of I/O jacks.
Who the hell is Bucky?

MTK

How it started. November 2nd 2018 - first circuit

How it's going. November 11th 2020 - somewhere around 150 circuit wise, I stopped counting at 131

Apparently I like LEDs.