News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Anyone else get the Covid Vaccine?

Started by Thewintersoldier, January 09, 2021, 02:44:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CodeMonk

Quote from: culturejam on March 03, 2021, 02:00:56 PM
My wife got her second shot about a week ago. I'm on the wait list for the first shot. No telling when I'll get the call.

I wasn't sure when I would be eligible...
Until earlier today when I got an email from Renown (basically the huge medical conglomerate that has their hands in damn near ever medical office in the area).
I'm scheduled for my first shot this Friday (March 19)
My friends call me Rob

Affiliations :
Dalton Jones Electronics: Chief Tinkerer

jubal81

Got the Moderna and the first shot made my arm pretty sore the next two days and i felt barely a little funky the next day.
Getting my second dose on April 3. My wife was pretty down for a day after her second dose of Moderna.
I'm finally feeling a bit optimistic. I'll be considered fully vaccinated on the 17th of April and we're going to try to get some Mariners tickets for that weekend. WooHoo!
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

DLW

Quote from: jubal81 on March 16, 2021, 06:16:47 AM
Got the Moderna and the first shot made my arm pretty sore the next two days and i felt barely a little funky the next day.

I received my first dose of Moderna on Saturday. My experience was similar to yours.

gordo

Nice.  Congrats on the shots.  Haven't talked to anyone that's had the J&J and my sister in Canada is due for the Astra so I'm curious to see how that goes.  I felt crappier on the Pfizer the second time around but no fever and either way it was not at all a game changer.

Still a lot of stupidity out there but with enough immunity we negate the a$$holes.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

Aentons

My wife had the one shot J&J last Thursday at a CVS and has had zero issues

matmosphere

Quote from: gordo on March 16, 2021, 11:58:24 PM
Nice.  Congrats on the shots.  Haven't talked to anyone that's had the J&J and my sister in Canada is due for the Astra so I'm curious to see how that goes.  I felt crappier on the Pfizer the second time around but no fever and either way it was not at all a game changer.

Still a lot of stupidity out there but with enough immunity we negate the a$$holes.

Unfortunately the rest of us are going to have to hope some of those a$$hats get vaccinated in order to bring us up to the level of immunity we need, and then we have to start worrying about the rest of the world. We can't let this thing keep mutating forever, because if it does the vaccines will stop working as well.

My wife's parents have all gotten vaccinated and my older siblings have also gotten their first shots, so big sigh of relief. Hopefully the supply continues to increase rapidly. I was surprised by the goal being set for anyone to get the vaccine who wants it starting may 1. I have been pretty surprised by the level of mobilization that has been going on in the states these past couple of months.

davent

Last i heard, my demographic in my province, i'm looking at July for the first or maybe only shot.
dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

Aentons

I work with a guy that lives in Bahrain and last week he said almost all their regular citizens had already had their second shot.

CodeMonk

Quote from: jubal81 on March 16, 2021, 06:16:47 AM
Getting my second dose on April 3. My wife was pretty down for a day after her second dose of Moderna.
I'm finally feeling a bit optimistic. I'll be considered fully vaccinated on the 17th of April and we're going to try to get some Mariners tickets for that weekend. WooHoo!
Got the Moderna today (yesterday)
My arm was sore before, so kind of hard to tell at this point.
My friends call me Rob

Affiliations :
Dalton Jones Electronics: Chief Tinkerer

madbean

Shot 1 tomorrow...
Hypertension has finally paid off  :D

EBK

Quote from: madbean on March 23, 2021, 04:36:26 PM
Shot 1 tomorrow...
Hypertension has finally paid off  :D
I'm on a waiting list.  My wife asked me if I wanted to step onto our bathroom scale to see if I'd qualify sooner.  I had very mixed feelings about her expression of care and concern.  Ultimately, I decided I'm protected well enough by my shield of social anxiety until my turn comes, so I declined a "weigh in".  :P

My wife is on her way home from her second shot right now.
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

mattc

I got Pfizer shot one today.  I'm feeling really tired, but no other side effects. 

madbean

Shot 1 today. Very mild soreness in arm but barely noticeable. However, the first couple hours after the shot I definitely felt a bit out of it. Felt fine afterward. I guess it kicks your immune system into high gear for a bit?

harryklippton

I became eligible at midnight and had my appointment scheduled 10 minutes later for Monday morning

slacker775

For my first jab of Pfizer the other day.  Arm was sore like after a flu shot but everything else was fine.   Didn't even notice any blah feelings.   Happy to start getting this closer to over with!