News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

New Years resolutions

Started by Thewintersoldier, January 01, 2021, 02:38:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thewintersoldier

Happy New Year everyone. 2020 was a dumpster fire so nobody claim 2021 as their year. We are gonna come in real quiet, mind our manners and not touch anything lol.
So after watching Soul a couple times with the family I am really moved by it. It got me thinking about things and my new year's resolution for 2021. I'm tired of not living and simply just being alive. I wanna really live in the moment. I also want to make more time for people who matter to me that I don't get to see  much. Soul also taught me that music is my spark but not my reason for living, it's the people and moments in life that shape who I am that matter. So what are your resolutions?
Who the hell is Bucky?

jimilee

I have none, but I did see that movie too. Look inward, what are you passionate about?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

jjjimi84

I think the only things I was going to do this year was to cut sugar intake and work on making my videos better to help others in diy. Pretty lofty though, you know, real dude like.

Thewintersoldier

Quote from: jjjimi84 on January 02, 2021, 01:23:02 PM
I think the only things I was going to do this year was to cut sugar intake and work on making my videos better to help others in diy. Pretty lofty though, you know, real dude like.
True, I'm trying to keep it simple too. I'm trying to do better on guitar maintenance so here is my first string change/setup of the year

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Who the hell is Bucky?

dan.schumaker

My resolutions for the new year are similar to in years past. 

Build less, play more. 

This year the main thing I want to work on is doing better marketing for my stuff, working on better videos and demos, figure out my website, and continue to improve my playing skills (and being more confident in my playing skills).

Muadzin

My new year's resolution is the same as it has always been, don't bother with new year's resolution. Setting up goals is the first step on the road to disappointment. Far better to adopt successful habits.

MTK

My resolutions 2021

Build a guitar.
Build an amp. (actually started on this today, got the top, base, and sides rough cut and marked for joinery)
Finish my EP.
Spend more time in the shop and build fewer pedals. Getting into pedals killed my shop time over the last 2 years - time to balance it back out.
The last one is going to be interesting. I want to keep track of every show, podcast, and movie I watch, and the duration, so I can see what it totals out to at the end of the year. I spend a lot of time tinkering in Sketchup, DIYLC, woodworking out in the shop, and building circuits. Because of that, I've always got Netflix/Hulu/Youtube/whatever playing though my headphones. Should be interesting.

Thewintersoldier

Quote from: Muadzin on January 03, 2021, 11:03:13 AM
My new year's resolution is the same as it has always been, don't bother with new year's resolution. Setting up goals is the first step on the road to disappointment. Far better to adopt successful habits.
I don't usually have one but I really want to try and spend more time with my sister and nephews after not seeing them all of 2020 so mine was one I figured I could actually follow thru with!

Quote from: MTK on January 03, 2021, 04:18:55 PM
My resolutions 2021

Build a guitar.
Build an amp. (actually started on this today, got the top, base, and sides rough cut and marked for joinery)
Finish my EP.
Spend more time in the shop and build fewer pedals. Getting into pedals killed my shop time over the last 2 years - time to balance it back out.
The last one is going to be interesting. I want to keep track of every show, podcast, and movie I watch, and the duration, so I can see what it totals out to at the end of the year. I spend a lot of time tinkering in Sketchup, DIYLC, woodworking out in the shop, and building circuits. Because of that, I've always got Netflix/Hulu/Youtube/whatever playing though my headphones. Should be interesting.
I feel you, I watch so many shows/movies while I build pedals and work on guitars. I burn thru whole series without even realizing it.
Who the hell is Bucky?