News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Favorite New Tools of 2020!?!?!?!?

Started by peAk, December 22, 2020, 08:00:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davent

Quote from: Aentons on December 24, 2020, 05:09:48 PM
Another trick I have is I like using the little harbor freight clamps for holding boards while I solder because they have the quick release trigger and have the handles that stick out so I can hold them down with my arm or wrist. I can also clamp one to another to hold them at weird angles.

I like that, a never ending search for options to hold boards without spending lots of money.
dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

jimilee

Quote from: davent on December 24, 2020, 05:18:20 PM
Quote from: Aentons on December 24, 2020, 05:09:48 PM
Another trick I have is I like using the little harbor freight clamps for holding boards while I solder because they have the quick release trigger and have the handles that stick out so I can hold them down with my arm or wrist. I can also clamp one to another to hold them at weird angles.

I like that, a never ending search for options to hold boards without spending lots of money.
dave
That's genius.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

mattc

I, too, got the Rocket Sockets this year.   I highly recommend them!

alanp

I need to get a de-burring tool. Right now I just use a too-big drill bit to get that stuff.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

davent

Had this for a long time but it's invaluable well beyond this hobby, reminded of it recently by a query at diystomp...

May be a hens tooth search but snap one up if you find one.

dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?