News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

You might be a Madbeaner

Started by Bio77, December 21, 2020, 01:07:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bio77

If your phone has more pictures of pedals than of your children.......

madbean

Haha. My phone has pictures of my builds and my dogs and that's it. I'm a bad father/husband.

jimilee

Quote from: madbean on December 21, 2020, 02:06:49 AM
Haha. My phone has pictures of my builds and my dogs and that's it. I'm a bad father/husband.

No kidding, I at least have guitars too.... :o
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Bio77

Yep, worst part is I spend a lot of time looking at them too rarely at the pics of my kiddos :P

I've got another one.  If you know the time the mailman comes on Saturday and you get worried when he's late......

jimilee

Quote from: Bio77 on December 21, 2020, 02:39:17 AM
Yep, worst part is I spend a lot of time looking at them too rarely at the pics of my kiddos :P

I've got another one.  If you know the time the mailman comes on Saturday and you get worried when he's late......
Sooo true. At my old place, I practically knew the UPS guy, he got excited every time I got a new guitar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

jimilee

If the guys at mouser, Tayda and small bear send an email to check on you when you take time off of pedal building to build a guitar.

Bio77

Quote from: jimilee on December 21, 2020, 03:06:07 AM
If the guys at mouser, Tayda and small bear send an email to check on you when you take time off of pedal building to build a guitar.
Lol  ;D

If your mom got you a Small Bear gift certificate for Christmas.......

alanp

... if you see a particularly featureful small 'analog' commercial pedal, and would like to see the guts, and how the 'builder' put all that in there.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

mjg

...If someone gives you nice chocolates for Xmas, in a fancy tin, and your first thought is "I could use that tin for an enclosure"

diablochris6

If your Google Search auto-fill tries to put "guts" or "schematic" at the end of every query.
Build guides of my original designs and modifications here

vizcities

If your response to basically every non-digital guitar pedal is, "Eh, that's max $30 in parts." Oh, and if you have a bunch of utility circuits (hFE checkers, JFET matchers, etc.) that exist only to help you build other circuits.

gordo

If the only password you have memorized is to your Paypal account.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

cooder

If you are worried that your better half might sign up to the forum with her own profile only to go through all your build reports to find out how badly things are out of control really.

And then starts to make snarky comments on your posts in front of everyone...
BigNoise Amplification

Bio77

Good stuff  ;D

If you finally give up waiting for Tayda to post a new coupon to their facebook and just order the damn cart.....

jimilee

Quote from: Bio77 on December 22, 2020, 10:56:41 PM
Good stuff  ;D

If you finally give up waiting for Tayda to post a new coupon to their facebook and just order the damn cart.....
If you know the last one was February last year.