News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

How many of you....

Started by jimilee, December 20, 2020, 03:49:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimilee

How many of you had to dig through build reports to see what you built this year for the contest?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

harryklippton

I keep a spreadsheet of all my builds, mods, and repairs. I also keep spreadsheets of component values and costs. And a journal of every piece of gear ive ever owned. I like writing things down I guess  :-\

PapaKev

Quote from: harryklippton on December 20, 2020, 03:57:40 AM
I keep a spreadsheet of all my builds, mods, and repairs. I also keep spreadsheets of component values and costs. And a journal of every piece of gear ive ever owned. I like writing things down I guess  :-\

I saw "Build Sheet" and I perked right up. Sounds like a fantastic idea. Do you all create your own forms or is there something out there that would work?

jjjimi84

Quote from: jimilee on December 20, 2020, 03:49:12 AM
How many of you had to dig through build reports to see what you built this year for the contest?

Pretty much sums it up! Although I just finished painting a Dirt Baby that is probably going to be my entry........

Quote from: HootyHoo on December 20, 2020, 04:18:11 AM

I saw "Build Sheet" and I perked right up. Sounds like a fantastic idea. Do you all create your own forms or is there something out there that would work?

I built mine in excel and added a macro to count what is left to paint and all kinds of ocd things.

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/peloufjukam7cpfi4n5gz/Pedal-Build-Log.xlsm?dl=0&rlkey=snjla7drvvk6mzeaayo54q5es

Willybomb

Yeah, I pretty much have to do this every year.  Sometimes there's a standout for my entry, other times not so much... I had a few to choose from that were a little unique.  I also have my completed build photos sorted by year, so that helps.

gordo

This year has been kind of a blur so no, I have no idea what I built this year.  Selling the house and moving only made things worse.  I've got a bunch of stuff I'm really happy with but I don't see any BOTY-worthy pieces.  I think this stuff kept me sane this year so I went more for quantity :-)
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

EBK

I have built five pedals this year.  Would be at least one more build if the USPS wasn't still crippled and could get my parts orders to me.  ::)  To make things easier, my BOTY entry will be the pedal that has the year written across its face.  It is, after all a build "of the year", which amuses me.  ;D

But, yeah, the first pedal I completed this year seems so long ago it is as if I did it in a past life.  It has been an unusually long, blurry year.  Exhausting on many fronts.
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

thomasha

Same here, found a worthy build pre-lockdown/pandemic.
I thought I had finished it last year. Feels like light years ago now.

PapaKev

Quote from: jjjimi84 on December 20, 2020, 08:29:44 AM
Quote from: jimilee on December 20, 2020, 03:49:12 AM

Pretty much sums it up! Although I just finished painting a Dirt Baby that is probably going to be my entry........

Quote from: HootyHoo on December 20, 2020, 04:18:11 AM

I built mine in excel and added a macro to count what is left to paint and all kinds of ocd things.

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/peloufjukam7cpfi4n5gz/Pedal-Build-Log.xlsm?dl=0&rlkey=snjla7drvvk6mzeaayo54q5es

Thanks!

jimilee

Quote from: EBK on December 20, 2020, 12:03:55 PM
I have built five pedals this year.  Would be at least one more build if the USPS wasn't still crippled and could get my parts orders to me.  ::)  To make things easier, my BOTY entry will be the pedal that has the year written across its face.  It is, after all a build "of the year", which amuses me.  ;D

But, yeah, the first pedal I completed this year seems so long ago it is as if I did it in a past life.  It has been an unusually long, blurry year.  Exhausting on many fronts.
I love it!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

gordo

Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

diablochris6

That's a great looking pedal, EBK!

I looked through my build reports just to find that I didn't build much this year. I was pretty busy helping others develop their products and designing PCBS for them to devote much time for myself. The time I had to build was spent building a guitar from scratch and hot-rodding a Squier. I played around on Eagle quite a bit before summer since I was teaching from home and would find a ton of one-armed down time while holding a sleeping toddler. Maybe those projects will come to fruition in 2021. We shall see.

I am looking forward to what others will bring to the contest though!
Build guides of my original designs and modifications here

jimilee

Quote from: diablochris6 on December 21, 2020, 12:05:03 AM
That's a great looking pedal, EBK!

I looked through my build reports just to find that I didn't build much this year. I was pretty busy helping others develop their products and designing PCBS for them to devote much time for myself. The time I had to build was spent building a guitar from scratch and hot-rodding a Squier. I played around on Eagle quite a bit before summer since I was teaching from home and would find a ton of one-armed down time while holding a sleeping toddler. Maybe those projects will come to fruition in 2021. We shall see.

I am looking forward to what others will bring to the contest though!

Sounds like a pretty good year to me!

alanp

Between synth stuff, work going nuts damn near all year, and my shed currently looking like an elephant's graveyard (with the drill press buried underneath it all)... I have pedals I want to sort out, but no time, energy, or initiative. Ugh.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website