News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Eraser Headtrip

Started by Bio77, December 13, 2020, 11:06:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bio77

Finished this up this weekend.  Really fun pedal.

I don't remember the movie too much.  I just remember it was trippy and it has the word head in the title, perfect  ;D

This turns out not to be useful at all once you connect the pedal  ::) 

jimilee

Damn, that's awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

dawson

That's some really nice surface-mount soldering.

Outside looks great too- I especially dig your little list on front and those knobs are a neat combination.
Criticism is encouraged: constructive, or otherwise.

Bio77

Quote from: jimilee on December 13, 2020, 11:15:50 PM
Damn, that's awesome!
Thanks Jimmy!

Quote from: dawson on December 13, 2020, 11:19:54 PM
That's some really nice surface-mount soldering.

Outside looks great too- I especially dig your little list on front and those knobs are a neat combination.
Thanks.  I was stoked with the list too, but when I was playing it today it made me laugh because it's completely useless when the pedal's on the floor  ;D

cooder

Super clean, super awesome!
Spiffin' decal work including the neato cheat sheet on front, even though you will have to kneel down and get your nose right down to the floor while playing the guitar... cool.
BigNoise Amplification

Stomptown

Love it!  Great idea with the graphic and the insides look perfect!

madbean

That is a perfect build. Great work!

Haberdasher

Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

alanp

You're thinking of the David Lynch film, _Eraserhead_.  Trippy is downright kind as descriptions of it go.

Very, very nice build!
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

MTK

That's a beauty. That's the first I've seen a pedal like that. So many settings, I bet it's a blast.

gordo

What a stellar build.  Clever idea putting the settings chart on the front as well.  I got lazy on this one and used the stock MB graphics.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

destro

Solid build! While you probably can't read the chart once plugged up it beats having to remember or pull it up somewhere else. I think I prefer that way rather than trying to put it on the face. One day I will get around to doing it to my arachnid!

Bio77

Thanks everyone!

If you haven't given this one a try, I think it's worth checking out.  I't one of those pedals that seems to make it's own song parts, if you know what I mean  :P

matmosphere

Excellent! Perfect idea for the artwork and the execution is spectacular. Can't wait to build this one myself, there is no way my FV-1 will be soldered on as cleanly as yours.

Actually reminds me that I need to watch that film one of these days.

studiodunn

That is a great looking build and WAY cooler than the movie ;)