News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Tayda Cap quality

Started by Aentons, November 15, 2020, 08:00:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aentons

Anybody ordering Wima and/or Kemet box caps from Tayda? How's that going so far?

mauman

I've gotten several batches, all 1 to 100 nF, all 5%, some WIMA and some unbranded, and so far they've all been within spec (+ - 5%).  Mike

jimilee

Quote from: mauman on November 15, 2020, 08:12:21 PM
I've gotten several batches, all 1 to 100 nF, all 5%, some WIMA and some unbranded, and so far they've all been within spec (+ - 5%).  Mike
I'll echo this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

cooder

Yep and my experience with the box caps and MLCC caps is good too, the ones I measured were pretty close to value.
BigNoise Amplification

Thewintersoldier

I will echo everyone else here, the box caps and mlcc and even the regular ceramics have all been within specs. I only buy from somewhere else if they simply don't carry the value I'm looking for.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Who the hell is Bucky?

matmosphere

I have always had great luck with tayda caps. The only bad batch I had were a couple electrolytic ones that didn't work.

somnif

That I'm aware of, I've had one bad ceramic cap from them, across all my orders over the years (had a weirdly low value). Other than that, no problems.

Aentons

Thanks guys, I guess I'll give'em a try