News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

I still believe

Started by madbean, October 27, 2020, 03:25:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

matmosphere

Quote from: madbean on October 27, 2020, 03:33:12 PM
Lotta people don't know the other famous musician that was in Lost Boys. After his music career stalled out he turned to acting, too.

Here he is in his final performance just before getting the Lost Boys gig.

Hahaha, didn't you hear, they just made a big comeback. Saved the entirety of reality from completely unwinding or something. Thank goodness.

gordo

Can't fool me.  It's Ron Howard.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

madbean

Again, a lot of people don't know this but there's yet another famous actor/musician in the movie. This person gave up acting completely after Lost Boys and became one of the most famous and revered musicians on the planet.

Here he is performing the classic jazz standard Days of Wine and Roses.

EBK

There were way too many musicians who coincidentally acted in The Lost Boys.

"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

davent

Quote from: Matmosphere on October 27, 2020, 01:29:59 PM
Quote from: Scruffie on October 27, 2020, 12:55:28 PM
Quote from: Matmosphere on October 27, 2020, 12:54:03 PM

I have no idea where this came from, but man, I hope that guy never stops believing.
You've never seen The Lost Boys? :o

Ahhh, I don't think I've seen it since the early nineties. For some reason I've not revisited it in adulthood, seems about the right time of year for it now though. I did read something about it a while ago. Apparently it was originally intended to be about a Boy Scout troop, and be a lot more like Goonies.

Saw it once when it was released and can happily say have absolutely no recollection of that scene and any inkling of ever wanting to view the movie again is gone.
dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

Stomptown

Quote from: davent on October 27, 2020, 07:54:14 PM
Quote from: Matmosphere on October 27, 2020, 01:29:59 PM
Quote from: Scruffie on October 27, 2020, 12:55:28 PM
Quote from: Matmosphere on October 27, 2020, 12:54:03 PM

I have no idea where this came from, but man, I hope that guy never stops believing.
You've never seen The Lost Boys? :o

Ahhh, I don't think I've seen it since the early nineties. For some reason I've not revisited it in adulthood, seems about the right time of year for it now though. I did read something about it a while ago. Apparently it was originally intended to be about a Boy Scout troop, and be a lot more like Goonies.

Saw it once when it was released and can happily say have absolutely no recollection of that scene and any inkling of ever wanting to view the movie again is gone.
dave
dave

Rumor has it, watching it twice will result in immediate death by stereo. 

lars

Quote from: madbean on October 27, 2020, 03:25:08 AM

Nothing says heavy metal or punk...like a Yamaha saxaphone:  THE musical instrument of choice by the toughest gangs in history.
Watch out! He might start playin' some Kenny G licks.