News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Why NOT Mammoth?

Started by tenwatt, December 01, 2011, 08:05:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

timbo_93631

Quote from: Beedoola on August 16, 2012, 07:11:04 PM
I haven't personally experienced this, but I've read of it elsewhere, and thats people complaining of flimsy enclosures.

I have ordered around twenty of raw 4site enclosures from Blake over the past year and they are all top notch.  I think the boxes to watch out for are flimsy New Sensor ones with NSC cast on the inside (Mammoth doesn't carry them).  The alloy seems brittle and thin by comparison to the 4site boxes.
Every time I have had a small error in my orders Blake has stepped up to the plate and fixed it fast.  Really great customer service.  Looking forward to checking out the new phenolic knobs on my next order.
Sunday Musical Instruments LLC.
Sunday Handwound Pickups

blakemoth

Thanks for the feedback, guys!

I know I said to email me whenever you want at sales@mammothelectronics.com, but you can get to me EVEN FASTER at blake@mammothelectronics.com. I finally got a Customer Service manager (his name is James and he's amazing), but if you want to alert me of extra-urgent matters or take an issue 'straight to the top', don't hesitate to contact me on that address.

Keep the feedback comin'. It's good to hear what we're doing well, but I'm even more interested to hear how we can better suit everyone's needs.

TNblueshawk

Free shipping and 2.45 for 3PDT right now at Mammoth. Figured now was a good time to get a wah shell over there with free shipping and all  8)
John

jkokura

Quote from: TNblueshawk on August 24, 2012, 07:05:22 PM
Free shipping and 2.45 for 3PDT right now at Mammoth. Figured now was a good time to get a wah shell over there with free shipping and all  8)

Thats what I want to do!

I'm loaded with 3PDTs right now, got some from Tayda, but boy oh boy it's hard to ignore a good sale...

I heard this quote from one of those 'get out of debt' tv shows. This woman would just buy clothes all the time, and never wear them. She had a pair of closets full of stuff. The advice they gave her?

"There will always be a sale, but you don't have to participate in every one."

Don't know what that came to mind but...

Also, I think I'm leading Brian in posts now. Bean, you gotta step it up.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

pryde

Hello Blake. I just put in an order for some goodies from your store. You are stocking alot of great stuff. Looking forward to trying your enclosures.

I was wondering if you are able to get any 2n3565 transistors, or even the Pn2565 ones (different package type)? I know of a couple places but hate to do a separate order for just a few parts.

Thanks.

blakemoth

Quote from: pryde on August 27, 2012, 01:07:59 AM
Hello Blake. I just put in an order for some goodies from your store. You are stocking alot of great stuff. Looking forward to trying your enclosures.

I was wondering if you are able to get any 2n3565 transistors, or even the Pn2565 ones (different package type)? I know of a couple places but hate to do a separate order for just a few parts.

Thanks.

Hey pryde : we don't have those at this time, but I'll talk to our supplier and see if we have those on queue, or can get them bumped in to the queue asap.

Thanks man!

aballen

I just got 10 3PDTs for $25, pretty compelling deal.  I tossed in a bunch of other stuff I needed, no problems at all with my order.

jkokura

I should note that I've been talking with Blake quite a bit. He's always been very quick to respond, much like the people at PPP and Smallbear always have been for me.

Blake's making an effort to reduce costs for shipping for us international builders. He's added the option for First Class shipping, which is a big savings for us. I think packages at around 1lb can be shipped for less than $6, which is quite a bit better than it used to be. Now, you can get a few parts, maybe a couple knobs you forgot, or some chips, and shipping will be in the $2-3 range, which really helps.

It should be noted that First class shipping CAN BE SLOW. Don't use it if you want parts fast. Make sure you truly are ready to wait for your order. Sometimes it's faster, but more often than not I wait 2-4 weeks here in Canada. Be prepared for that, and don't complain to Blake until you're at that 4 week mark. Even then, keep waiting.

I don't know how many times I've emailed someone I've purchased from (it's been 25 days!) and then the next day the package arrives.

Mammoth has stepped up, and seems to be getting to the point where they compete with Smallbear, PPP, and the like.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

alanp

Shouldn't it be called Tenth Class, or Last Class if it's that slow? Most of the time 'first class' is used of paragons in their field -- Rolls Royce is first class, the Stones are a first class act, etc...
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

blakemoth

Quote from: alanp on August 28, 2012, 09:32:14 PM
Shouldn't it be called Tenth Class, or Last Class if it's that slow?

Couldn't agree more. There is a reason USPS takes billions in losses every quarter.. Inefficiency and disorganization are just symptoms of their bigger problems.

gtr2

Quote from: blakemoth on August 28, 2012, 09:40:02 PM

Couldn't agree more. There is a reason USPS takes billions in losses every quarter.. Inefficiency and disorganization are just symptoms of their bigger problems.

While the USPS has it's problems.  I've had FAR LESS problems with them than UPS and FedEx!

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

madbean

USPS is doomed because of their mandated pension fund from what I hear :(

TNblueshawk

Quote from: gtr2 on August 28, 2012, 10:19:12 PM
Quote from: blakemoth on August 28, 2012, 09:40:02 PM

While the USPS has it's problems.  I've had FAR LESS problems with them than UPS and FedEx!

+1  Considering the amount of mail they are required to push around the country they do a great job. Imagine if Fedex or UPS was also responsible for the US mail as well.

Josh
John

timbo_93631

USPS flat rate boxes are so awesome, but I don't know if they are awesome enough to pull them out of all their woes.  I am amazed how quick thinks get to where they are going using flat rate boxes, and the savings for shipping heavy things like transformers is incredible.  I have sold a number of one off pedals to a guy in Paris, and I can fit 3 1590b pedals or 5 1590a pedals in a VHS/DVD priority mail box that fits just right inside of the USPS priority mail legal size flat rate envelope and shipping is only $16.95.  Only hitch is the whole thing has to be less than 4 lbs., but I have consistently made it under that mark. 
     When I get things from USPS they are nearly always in good shape and the people at my local P.O. and my mail carrier are all really great people.  When I get something from UPS the package is usally pretty beat when it finally arrives and I have personally seen the UPS guy toss a package onto my front porch over our front gate.  For all their problems I agree that USPS are exceedingly far ahead of UPS and FedEx and do an amazing job considering how much volume they deal with.
Sunday Musical Instruments LLC.
Sunday Handwound Pickups

whitebread47

USPS is my favorite carrier.  I've had approximately 5 or 6 problems with them in the past 2-3 years, but that's out of a ridiculous number of packages, in the 100's at least.

UPS has been consistently careless, the guy has left packages on the bumpers of vehicles in the driveway instead of the porch, and they usually don't come until 8PM (the last bit isn't a problem but an inconvenience).

FedEx, though I've only used them a dozen or so times, has been pretty good.

None of them have been what I'd call friendly, but USPS is the most convenient (closer to my house), inexpensive, and typically expedient carrier of them all.

I'll take the lesser of three evils.
Blake

"I don't think people are looking for the meaning of life as much as they are looking for the experience of being alive." - Joseph Campbell