News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Sprout R6 ?

Started by Loztboy, December 01, 2011, 11:59:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Loztboy

I'm building a Sprout.
The BOM does not mention a R6 but there is a R6 on the layout and schematics.
Should I put a 2k2 resistor there?

I don't have a 2k2, I have a 2k4 and 1k8 I also have a 1k and a 1k2 that I can wire in series.
What should i do? my soldering iron is HOT :)

nzCdog

Yes 2k2.... it seems to have been missed in the BOM but its there on the schematic :)

nzCdog

Wire the 1k and 1k2 in series for 2k2.  Solder one end of each resistor into a pad hole each, upright and then twist the long ends together, then solder 'em.  

Loztboy

thanks!
one more question.
Is the little "pin" on the transistor supposed to face the same direction as the flat-side on the layout?
Hope you understand what i mean :D

Ettore_M

Quote from: Loztboy on December 01, 2011, 12:27:15 PM
thanks!
one more question.
Is the little "pin" on the transistor supposed to face the same direction as the flat-side on the layout?
Hope you understand what i mean :D
The little pin should be facing the other way.. The little "pin" indicates the pin which is the emmitor. I hope it helped you!  :D

Hector
" I would first try what I call The American Approach, which is simply this: "If X is good, then 2X simply HAS TO BE twice as good."  ;D "
- Culturejam

Loztboy

Thanks.
I kind of figured it out when my new build acted as a mute box :)

themachinerages

Hey, I'm a bit late to this topic, but is 2k2 the same as 2.2k?

nzCdog

Quote from: themachinerages on January 01, 2012, 09:10:24 AM
Hey, I'm a bit late to this topic, but is 2k2 the same as 2.2k?
Hey man... yes, 2k2 is the same as 2.2k

Willybomb

Necrothread revival!

I got the BOM filled in by the local and populated the board to find the empty holes and R6 missing - I thought the shop had left out a 1k even though I thought I'd checked everything.

I subbed it with a 1k (because that's what I thought I needed (R5) and that was close enough) and it's working fine.  I've also subbed a couple of "pn100" for the transistors because that's what I could get.

http://www.jaycar.com.au/productView.asp?ID=ZT2283

What exactly does R6 do anyway?

Anyway, the sprout seems to be a good stoner rock dropped D style dirt.

midwayfair

Quote from: Willybomb on September 16, 2012, 01:41:17 AM
What exactly does R6 do anyway?

It sets the voltage on Q2. You've allowed it more voltage, so you'll get more volume and less dirt overall.