News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Ge Fuzz Face

Started by DuctTapeRiot, November 28, 2011, 05:31:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DuctTapeRiot

This is a GGG NPN Ge Fuzz Face. Definitely my best looking and best sounding build so far.  The envirotex pour went really well.  I think next time I wont cut the holes out of the decal first and drill them out after the pour.  Also I used painters tape to tape the side jacks and some around the dc jack that got stuck under the envirotex shows.  Next time I am going to cover them with an extra piece of clear waterslide decal.

The extra bright LED is, well, extra bright, too much so, i sanded it a bit to dull it but it is still pretty blinding.  I will change it out when my next order comes.

It sounds absolutely amazing, has a nice range of milder fuzz to total destruction, buttery smooth Ge fuzz goodnes.  I threw the wah on and instant Hendrix.  Totally in love with this pedal.

I built it with the extra trimmer at R5 but I am not sure if it is really useful, I will keep playing with it though.  I built it -9V using NPN matched transistors from smallbear. 

chromesphere

Love that gloss!!

Did you sand off the lens on that LED?
Pedal Parts Shop              Youtube

nzCdog

That looks very cool.  I want one 8)

DuctTapeRiot

Quote from: chromesphere on November 28, 2011, 05:56:49 AM
Did you sand off the lens on that LED?

Yes, but it is still way to bright, i am going to change it out when I get some more. 

Quote from: nzCdog on November 28, 2011, 05:57:31 AM
That looks very cool.  I want one 8)

Thanks!

petesz

those graphics are badass!!! haha i love the badass sunglasses and the dead king!
also instead of changing out the LED why dont you just up the value of the CLR?

shawnee

glowsheep

the graphics look awesome and love how glossy it looks, I'm going to have to try this envirotex on my next build

gtr2

Very nice build but...where is the duct tape on this one  hehe  ;D

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

DuctTapeRiot

Thanks everyone

Quote from: petesz on November 28, 2011, 10:28:34 AM
those graphics are badass!!! haha i love the badass sunglasses and the dead king!
also instead of changing out the LED why dont you just up the value of the CLR?

I thought about that, but I think a red led will look better anyways. I think I will save the superbright to have a hack at a light plate.