News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Sprout in a 1590a

Started by chromesphere, November 27, 2011, 03:30:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chromesphere

My first 1590a. I dont think I really appreciated how small these things are until i built this.  Incredible small.

Came together pretty well though i thought.  The graphics are of the piranhna plant from Super Mario.  I was going to do the 1up mushroom but remembered, somebody else actually has already done that!

The space between the in / out jacks was a bit close, but not too clse thankfully. The powder coating gods also crapped on my finishing efforts once again, and the clear coat orange peeled like i've never seen orange peel before.  I probably had it on too thick, i dont know...

Anyway, aside from that, very happy with this one, in finishing, build quality, and effect.

Thanks for looking,
Paul

Pedal Parts Shop              Youtube

shawnee

slimtriggers

jkokura

I love it! I can see a mario theme being pretty fun.

jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

nzCdog

Man thats cool.  I've never had the guts to try a 1590a, that is so tidy!

Haberdasher

that graphic looks great!  good job
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

gtr2

1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

mjcyates

Diamond

Haha, awesome graphics!!  ;D Nice soldering too.

TNblueshawk

That is tight looking. Very cool.
John

chromesphere

Thanks guys!

Had a chance to play it on the weekend for a little bit.  I'm not a big fuzz fan but i like this one. Dirty, thick, a bit glitchy, and it has the most horrendous decay! (in a good way).  Yeah, good sound for such a small circuit.

Paul

keysandguitars

I love the artwork, the plant going to munch the LED. Sorry to hear the PC God's crapped on you. It looks good from the pictures. I don't have the stones or desire to do a 1590A, I'm not at that level of tidiness.
I should still be a "diode destroyer"!

chromesphere

Thanks Keys.  I dont mean to sound like a smarty pants, but even though it was tight, dont get me wrong, it wasnt....impossibly tight.  If you use a 9mm pot it would be even easier.  Its fiddly, you know.

Oh, i think i may have worked out why my clear powder coat looks like crap.  I was reading this dudes report on a powder coating gun, and he showed  photos of the powder flowing when it was in the oven.  My clear looks like it hasnt fully flowed yet!   Does anyone know if you can just reheat this stuff to finish it flowing? I'd have to pull it apart, but i'd like to get it right.

Paul

keysandguitars

Your oven should be set to 175-195° C. Watch the enclosure, once the powder starts to flow, or turn to liquid, start the timer for 15-20 minutes. That's what I've been doing with the powder I buy from Columbia. I'd imagine it's be close to the same for you.
I should still be a "diode destroyer"!

chromesphere

Yeah theres no way i leave mine in for that long...10 mins tops (total).

So do you know if you can reflow it was its colded? (without stuffing something up)

Paul