News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Behringer Pedal Rehousing Question

Started by spiritstone1, June 13, 2020, 05:31:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spiritstone1

Hey guys! Super new with all this stuff so please be gentle :)

Im attempting to rehouse a cheap Behringer comp pedal because A) I want to learn, and B) Im on disability and bored as heck!

I want to put new input and output jacks, 9V adapter jack, LED and footswitch, and put it all in a metal housing.

Going to keep the original knobs because I basically end up doing a set and forget comp pedals.

I de-soldered all of the components listed above and the plan is just to wire new components to the spots on the board that the originals were soldered to (see PCB Help pic).

My question would be what footswitch to use to gain a solid metal stomp switch. See PCB Help 2 to see what the cheap original switch was.

From what I know about 3DPT switches, they dont seem like they would work as it seems like all the work that type of switch would do is already being done on the board.

Any help would be greatly appreciated and I apologize if this is a ding-dong question. This is my first time ever on a forum.

jimilee

Is there a schematic that you can find for the pedal. I'm not sure about the switching mechanism.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

spiritstone1

Unfortunately, no just the manual it's a CL9 Compressor.

jimilee

I found this, it just takes an spst (which only has solder lugs) stomp switch.

the 4 pads are just 2 duplicated pairs.
Connect 1 pad at upper row and 1 pad at lower row will do.

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

spiritstone1

Awesome thank you so much for the help!

NorthCoast

Quote from: jimilee on June 13, 2020, 08:49:45 PM
I found this, it just takes an spst (which only has solder lugs) stomp switch.

the 4 pads are just 2 duplicated pairs.
Connect 1 pad at upper row and 1 pad at lower row will do.

Probably an spst momentary contact normally open like this:

https://www.taydaelectronics.com/spst-momentary-soft-touch-push-button-stomp-foots-pedal-switch.html
"People discuss my art and pretend to understand as if it were necessary to understand..." - Claude Monet

jimilee

Definitely.

spiritstone1

jimilee

Quote from: spiritstone1 on June 13, 2020, 09:31:00 PM
This is great! Thanks everyone!
When you're done, make sure you show off your rehoused Behringer pedal. I'm intrigued.