News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Help with way huge llama build

Started by Thejonaldtrump, May 16, 2020, 09:08:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thejonaldtrump

I built the way huge llama fuzz. As soon as I plugged it in the led flashed and "blew" any help would be appreciated

somnif

Sounds like you didn't have a resistor on the LED (or if you did, it may have shorted somewhere).

Could you provide a picture of the device?

gordo

Had a few of those "oh sh*t" moments from time to time.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

Thejonaldtrump

Its actually the snarkdoodle board. I have the led resistor in, and all my solder joints are "to the best of my current ability" I'm not going to say they are great. Mediocre at best.

Thejonaldtrump

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

davent

I think the IC is in upside down. The square pad for the chip is pin #1 and looks like you have pin 9 soldered to that square pad. Also the ground pin for the big electrolytic cap looks to be a cold joint so reheat  and reflow the joint. By absolutely no means are you the first person to reverse an IC, all part of the game.

The 'u' shaped indent on the ic denotes the 1st and last pins in the numbering.
dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

gordo

Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

Thejonaldtrump

I appreciate the help, I'll let you know as soon as I get it swapped around.

davent

I'll always socket IC's, just in case, heads off a couple ways i can screw things up as well there might be opportunity to easily swap in other options that may exist for a particular position.
dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

Thejonaldtrump

Swapped ic out, put another one in. Same thing happened

jimilee

Quote from: Thejonaldtrump on May 18, 2020, 12:43:29 AM
Swapped ic out, put another one in. Same thing happened

You put it in the right way round and it did the same thing?

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Thejonaldtrump

That is correct. Installed the right way this time. Blew the led as soon as it switches on.

jimilee

Quote from: Thejonaldtrump on May 18, 2020, 02:37:16 AM
That is correct. Installed the right way this time. Blew the led as soon as it switches on.

Is the clr a 4k7 and not a lower ohm like 4.7 ohm as an example. Is the clr circuit itself correct, you know that's a pretty simple power to clr to LED to ground.

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.